Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm

What about his 2008 Olympic Gold Medal, the bling on that is now tarnished.

What we don't know is which successes and performance in his career were doping enhanced but to state the obvious, increased doubt can be cast... or did he "only dope once" as too many pro's have claimed.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:24 am

An article in the guardian (a few weeks ago) covers a new court process (still based on Floyd Landis whistle blowing) and about USPS seeking damages.

Usually The Guardian has top-notch journalism however the author (Beau Dure) appears to be a newcomer to cycling and a Lance Armstrong fanboy.

Too much time is spent defending Armstrong because 'everyone was doping'. Neglected is the fact that his doping activity remained in question until Armstrong admitted in the staged Oprah interview. While many doubted or suspected, many still believed Armstrong was simply being targeted as he was successful.

The 'journalist' (on a brief glance) has a sensationalist approach in the stories so this may be about getting a rise (publishes with USA Today, ESPN, Fox Soccer, OZY and Popdose). But even as an opinion piece I find it disturbing that the The Guardian would move beyond presenting alternative views and questioning the status quo and onto publishing a piece that defends a person who has deceived so many people, had a big role operating dirty racing, sought to intimidate and discredit opponents and hansomely profited and continued to enjoy a wealthy lifestyle as a result (and remains a cynic and taker).

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... government

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:34 am

My mum did it - ranks right up there with "it was just the one time" on the list of pathetic excuses

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:58 am

find_bruce wrote:My mum did it - ranks right up there with "it was just the one time" on the list of pathetic excuses

Worked for Shane Warne. :lol:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 am

find_bruce wrote:My mum did it - ranks right up there with "it was just the one time" on the list of pathetic excuses

I almost spat the coffee out when I read that.

Surely they can't even think that there would be a remote possibility that'd work ?

Mind you, it was apparently a small amount ..... :roll:

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:20 pm

My Mum did it, just one time, when she ate steak in Spain, while carrying me and my secret twin. Mind you, she never tested positive.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 am

Cancellara is under the microscope again for "mechanical doping". Ex-pro Phil Gaimon has levelled the accusation and it appears the UCI is interested.

http://road.cc/content/news/232020-ex-p ... dden-motor

Some interesting videos below - some of the commentariat have formed the view that he "appears to be having trouble staying on top of his pedals" ... and I have to say that view appears to have (pardon the pun) some legs to me. Take a look and form your own view:

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:13 pm

I think Gaimon's a goose.

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm

I watched it and took the view that this was some nobody trying to increase the sales of his book by throwing in a sensational claim.

As I recall one Cadel Evans won in exactly the same way, smashing everyone on the Mur then soloing 30 kms for the win.

I suspect both Evans and Cancellara both had their motor in the same place.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am

i had never registered Gaimon until he retired and decided to make money out of being himself. Goose is generous. Is he the one with the anti-doping tat?

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 am

So El Presidente has come out and said

"Former dopers have no place in the sport of cycling. To say anything else is hypocritical. All cyclists must stand for one goal: Cycling must be credible, otherwise everything is lost," Lappartient told Luxembourger Wort, using Riis as an example

OK. So do I expect to see an empty Tour De France backstage this year? No Merckx? No Hinault? No.....Virenque?

Why do these fellas insist on making fools of themselves when they get the big chair?

Oh...and Gaimon is still a douche :lol:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 am

Team Sky are off the hook because of a “lack of medical evidence”.

A number of tainted ex-pros linger (including ones who actually admitted) and when I can’t see any attempt to make amends by genuinely giving back, they continue to just take and profit... it frustrates me how much tolerance there is.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 am

Saw the headlines and had to laugh. Shows what a joke the process was.

Should remember though that no charges has nothing to do with guilt. The lot should be sacked and a clean slate started, otherwise the suspicion will linger, and rightly so.

Wiggins is as dodgy as they come, but that is said without hard evidence, but plenty of coincidental dodgy stuff.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:19 pm

It appears that the Team Sky doping controversy is not going away.

Wiggins says the package was never delivered to him.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bradley-wiggins-the-package-was-never-delivered-to-me/

Former doper David Miillar says Team Sky's use of TUEs was "extremely disappointing" and they were "gaming the system".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/42033692

Return to “International and National Tours and Events”