Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

biker jk

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby biker jk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:11 pm

It appears that Sir Dave Brailsford (cycling genius) tried to make the jiffy bag story go away according to Matt Lawton of the Daily Mail who broke the story.

Visibly stressed, Brailsford was desperate for the story not to be published, fearing it could be the end for Team Sky. That it would take them all down.

He offered me an alternative, 'more positive', story. He asked if a good story on a rival team might be enough to stop me investigating the allegation.

And before the meeting ended, he made a final attempt to regain control of a troubling situation. 'If you didn't write the story, is there anything else that could be done?' Brailsford asked me.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:37 pm

biker jk wrote:So Team Sky had an 8 euro medication which they could have purchased nearby in France flown by personal courier from the UK.
That's right... to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.
Cycling is in my BNA

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:20 pm

Matt Lawton's story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... truth.html

David Walsh's response. Seem's he was wrong about Team Sky's cleanliness. Oh, well, better late than never.

David Walsh
‏@DavidWalshST
I've just read @Matt_Lawton_DM story in Mail On Line, not so much a game changer as a game ender.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:34 pm

So now Wiggo has 'officially retired' from pro racing.

Wonder if any of that has been based on the TUE stuff and it just getting worse for Sky. They seem to have a team of shovellers going .....

:roll:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 pm

MichaelB wrote:So now Wiggo has 'officially retired' from pro racing.

Wonder if any of that has been based on the TUE stuff and it just getting worse for Sky. They seem to have a team of shovellers going .....

Wiggins' "retirement" is suspiciously similar to Menchov quietely disappearing from the scene after doping allegations.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:17 pm

biker jk wrote:
MichaelB wrote:So now Wiggo has 'officially retired' from pro racing.

Wiggins' "retirement" is suspiciously similar to Menchov quietely disappearing from the scene after doping allegations.
Every pro rider has doping allegations made against them.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote: Every pro rider has doping allegations made against them.
Agreed.

But then again, some allegations are more substantial than others.

Meh, he's retired, and I won't miss him.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Of greater concern is the culture inside Team Sky, apparently gaming the TUE system.

Their team doctor has some serious explaining to do.

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:05 am

Seems apt that they're called Team "Sky" - that is where their mysterious packages come from.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Sally Jenkins writes a predictable anti-WADA rant published in the Herald.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/bloated-wad ... t874a.html

Makes some good points about the poor science employed by WADA and lack of intellectual rigor applied to their anti-doping stance, as well as the human rights abuse that is the Russian olympic doping program, but stretches a single study on the impact of EPO with counter-intuitive results to a breaking point that damages what little credibility she had (ie, none, as Armstrong's sock puppet).

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:03 pm

trailgumby wrote:Sally Jenkins writes a predictable anti-WADA rant published in the Herald.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/bloated-wad ... t874a.html

Makes some good points about the poor science employed by WADA and lack of intellectual rigor applied to their anti-doping stance, as well as the human rights abuse that is the Russian olympic doping program, but stretches a single study on the impact of EPO with counter-intuitive results to a breaking point that damages what little credibility she had (ie, none, as Armstrong's sock puppet).
She isn't too bright. EPO is a well known performance enhancing drug. A simple examination of what the peloton preferred as its doping drug of choice is educating on EPOs potency.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Interesting recent talk from Tyler Hamilton on drugs in cycling. He widens the scope to corner-cutting and ethics in the workplace and would have served his audience better in my view by spending more time on that application of his experience to their lives, but unfortunately the Q&A devolved fairly rapidly to Lance.

Nevertheless an interesting talk and heartening that he refuses to make excuses when asked if he felt he was exploited.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:08 am

A tragedy.

Cyclo-cross coach commits suicide after junior rider tests positive

Belgian cyclo-cross has been rocked by the news that a cyclo-cross coach has committed suicide after it emerged junior rider Fabio Verberckmoes tested positive for cortisone.

According to reports in several Flemish media, Fabio Verberckmoes tested positive test for cortisone in a test done after his second place in a race in Oleye near Liege on December 18. On hearing the news his personal coach Eddy V (who has not been fully named) apparently committed suicide on Wednesday. He did not leave a suicide note and so did not confirm or deny if his actions caused Verberckmoes’ positive test.

Verberckmoes was dismissed by the Cycling.be-Alphamotorhomes team after the positive was confirmed. His family believes the coach was somehow involved.

"Fabio had a new coach since early December. Someone from outside the team, who spent more than four months pulling on his sleeve to be allowed to accompany him,” Philippe Verberckmoes told Het Laatste Nieuws.

"Three days before the race in Oleye, where Fabio was caught, the coach came to pick him up at home, in order to prepare him with a first 'vitamin injection'. I asked him if it was allowed but he dismissed my concerns. 'No fear, Phil. I've done this so many times,' he said, while Fabio got into his car."

"I had confidence in his new coach. No one had for a second thought he was doping Fabio. Like my son I’m completely shocked. Now we can only wait for the commission of the Federation to call us to a hearing."

Fabio Verberckmoes could be banned for four years if his doping offence is confirmed.

According to Het Laatste Nieuws, 22 year-old Vispoel Bryan said he was also followed by the same coach and was also told he had been given vitamins.

"He’d coached me since November. I never suspected anything until Fabio got his letter. Now I will anxiously awaiting my results. I won’t race again this winter for sure. The death of Eddy and the all doubts in my mind mean I would not perform anyway," he said.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cyclo-c ... -positive/

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Nicole Cooke skewers Team Sky's claims of innocence over doping allegations.

"I think the chronological coincidence just before the major events based on patterns and ways that I've seen riders try to beat the system," Cooke told the committee by video link from Paris.

"It makes me sceptical but I don't have the medical knowledge to make an informed decision of the medical side of it. Based on my experience I am sceptical of what they've done."

Cooke also questioned the likelihood of coach Simon Cope being unaware of the contents of a package sent to Team Sky at the 2011 Criterium du Dauphine, and raised questioned about British Cycling's inability to find the documentation for it.

"I don't know exactly what went on. I do find it very surprising if Simon Cope was transporting something over international boarders that he didn't know what was in it. I find that astonishing," she said. "The fact that British Cycling, when asked for the records of something that they store in their building, they weren't able to supply the documentation of that."

She said that it is difficult for team principal Dave Brailsford to claim that the team is clean if he was unaware what was being administered to his riders. "I find the stance of being the cleanest team and yet the team principal Brailsford not knowing what the riders are being treated with. It definitely makes it hard to back up that claim when he obviously doesn't know what was going on until recently."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cooke-s ... jiffy-bag/

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:21 am

Pure Cycling (organisation) is attacking Cyclocross events saying that it remains unchecked / untested by the UCI and WADA.
Cycling is in my BNA

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:17 am

Wiggins' doctor pulls a sickie to miss a scheduled appearance before a parliamentary committee where he would have been questioned on the contents of the infamous jiffy bag. :lol:

Freeman had been scheduled to appear in front of the committee but the Press Association have reported that the doctor emailed the committee's chairman Damian Collins MP on Tuesday stating that he was too ill to attend. Freeman was set to face questions over the delivery and need for the package during the 2011 Dauphine, as well as the administration of Fluimucil given to Bradley Wiggins at the end of the race. According to the Guardian a spokesperson for the committee said that Freeman may have the options of supplying written testimony or face the committee at a later date. Freeman no longer works for Team Sky but has remained in his position at British Cycling.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bradley ... o-illness/

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:39 am

Too ill my bottom.

What a crock. He should be hauled before the courts in a hospital bed then ... :roll:

Maybe he needs some meds to help him ..

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:47 am

Our good friend Dr Freeman lost the laptop with records of the drugs administered to Wiggins. Right up there with "a dog ate my homework". :roll:

During Wednesday's hearing, UKAD confirmed that Freeman had told them during an interview in their investigation that the package contained Fluimucil. However, UKAD also stated that Freeman had kept no records. The committee that Freeman had failed to upload medical records of prescriptions to Team Sky's database – part of their protocol – and that his laptop had been stolen during a holiday in Greece in 2014. British Cycling have records of a report of the stolen laptop, and UKAD are working with Interpol in order to find out if Freeman reported the robbery to the Greek authorities.

No record keeping of drugs supplied to Freeman from British Cycling. :shock:

Sapstead also said that there was no audit trail of what was going in and out of a comprehensive supply of medical products. She also confirmed that quantities of Kenacort – the drug supplied to Bradley Wiggins for his TUES in 2011, 2012 and 2013 – were ordered into British Cycling but that there were was no paperwork in relation to which athletes were prescribed the drug.

"First of all, it's absolutely damning that there are no records," Collins added.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sk ... n-collins/

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Testosterone patches delivered to Team Sky doctor "by mistake". :lol: How can cycling genius Brailsford survive?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... cling.html

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:08 pm

It's quacking like a duck and walking like a duck - I'm getting the distinct impression there is something going on at Team Sky and Team GB. Domination demands an explanation, wish we didn't always seem to be going back to PEDs.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 pm

DavidS wrote:It's quacking like a duck and walking like a duck - I'm getting the distinct impression there is something going on at Team Sky and Team GB. Domination demands an explanation, wish we didn't always seem to be going back to PEDs.

DS
If it seems to good to be true, it usually is. I took a dislike to Team Sky when they had such a dominating performance with Wiggo's win, followed by Froome.

Tyler was right about secret-keeping.
Tyler Hamilton wrote:I’ve come to learn that truth is a living thing. It has a force inside it, an inner springiness. The truth can’t be denied or locked away, because when that happens, the pressure builds. When a door gets closed, the truth seeks a window, and blows the glass clean out.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:05 am

Interesting that there are moves for Brailsford to be cut loose - not so much scapegoating as trying to isolate the team from him, shown by this quote "No one in the team, currently, is involved in this controversy other than Dave."

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm

TS management pressures the riders to Tweet support for Brailsford. Many do but not Froome. Interesting...

The crisis around Team Sky showed no signs of abating last night as riders were urged to tweet support for Sir Dave Brailsford — but Chris Froome, the three-times Tour de France winner, was notable by his silence.

As riders were asked to show public backing for Brailsford, who is under mounting pressure, Froome had yet to declare his support after a series of damaging revelations that have put the future of the team principal, and perhaps even the entire team, in jeopardy.

Members of the Sky hierarchy are understood to have asked riders to support Brailsford unanimously and publicly after a story on the Cycling News website suggested that some Sky riders had discussed the need for him to step down.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport ... -kd885f8kn

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:15 am

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:59 am

So Wiggins and Froome have a few things in common. Such as walking up climbs. :lol: