Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:41 pm

find_bruce wrote:UCI have finally got around to suspending Bardiani CSF - despite the bleating from the team about the 30 day suspension, it seems they will miss just one major race, the tour of Austria

Not sure what you mean by finally. They had to wait until B samples were confirmed in order to invoke the rule at the earliest opportunity.

Whether the rule could use some amendment is another matter.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 pm

I agree the UCI needed to wait until the b samples came back, but that was 19 May

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:13 pm

find_bruce wrote:I agree the UCI needed to wait until the b samples came back, but that was 19 May

At least it was a faster announcement than the Kreuzinger debacle. :roll: At least there was a sanction unlike the Astana multiple positives case. :roll:

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:48 pm

1 month seems positively speedy compared to the Giampaolo Caruso decision - 22 months to hand down a 2 year ban, more than 5 years after using epo.

Interesting to see if any team is willing to take him on given his history - suspended in 2003 for Nandralone, implicated in operation puerto but escapes punishment, then cheats again in 2012.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:01 am

Speaking of Operation Puerto, the Spanish courts have just stopped publication of the names belonging to the blood bags. :evil:

march83

Postby march83 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:24 am

Cardoso popped just before the TdF. http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-sta ... e-cardoso/

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:34 am

march83 wrote:Cardoso popped just before the TdF. http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-sta ... e-cardoso/

Interesting that he previously rode for the Vaughters run Slipstream-Garmin team who produced a suspicious Giro d'Italia winner.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 am

march83 wrote:Cardoso popped just before the TdF. http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-sta ... e-cardoso/

But I'm innocent, trust me .... :roll:

Wonder if it was a targeted test or just lucky ?

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 am

biker jk wrote:

Interesting that he previously rode for the Vaughters run Slipstream-Garmin team who produced a suspicious Giro d'Italia winner.

And that he was one of Alberto's offsiders. What a shame :lol:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:42 am

fat and old wrote:
biker jk wrote:

And that he was one of Alberto's offsiders. What a shame :lol:

Don't worry, Bertie still has the lilly white Zubeldia to guide him through the mountains.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:06 pm

14-year old tests positive for an anabolic steroid. :shock: :shock: :shock:

If Andre Cardoso's EPO positive dashed hopes that cycling has cleaned up its act, the case of a 14-year-old Italian boy who tested positive for an anabolic steroid is yet another depressing reminder that the anti-doping authorities' work is never done.

The unidentified child tested positive for Mesterolone, an anabolic steroid, in a regional race, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, and was suspended by CONI.

Although the newspaper notes that this is the youngest athlete ever to test positive in the country, it does not note how frequently riders in the junior ranks are tested.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-katusha-alpecin-kit-for-the-tour-de-france-news-shorts/

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Bora reveal 2016 positive test for Ralf Matzka

In a statement, Denk explained that positive test was likely due to contamination of water and team decided not to go public to "protect the athlete".

The 'water contamination' is an interesting one - regarding protecting the identity, it can be because of German privacy laws and legal consequences.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Bora reveal 2016 positive test for Ralf Matzka

In a statement, Denk explained that positive test was likely due to contamination of water and team decided not to go public to "protect the athlete".

The 'water contamination' is an interesting one - regarding protecting the identity, it can be because of German privacy laws and legal consequences.

Yes we witnessed how German privacy laws allowed Andreas Lubitz to fly despite not being medically fit to do so with its tragic consequences. It seems that rights to privacy should not be absolute.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:58 pm

In the spirit of Spinal Tap, a mockumentary called the "Tour de Pharmacy" aired in HBO on July 8. the 50 minute episode featured a host of high profile stars and received fairly positive ratings from television audiences.

But it also included a cameo by Lance Armstrong ... the man responsible for screwing up the sport for so many fans and riders.

Comedy is often a brilliant medium to reflect our society, but you would think that Armstrong should have the dignity to keep out of the limelight (maybe even the decency to positively contribute back to a sport he took so much from and left damaged).

Main Trailer on Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tour_de_pharmacy/
That one doesn't include the cameo ...

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 pm

biker jk wrote:It seems that rights to privacy should not be absolute.

That crash was a real tragedy and I won't connect this into this thread.

Transparency in sport is at risk from both the cheats and entities that support as well as from administration (e.g. politics and processes) which are well intended.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:04 am

Do we need a separate thread on mechanical doping?

53-year-old amateur rider caught using hidden motor at Italian race :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/53-year-old-amateur-rider-caught-using-hidden-motor-at-italian-race/

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm

biker jk wrote:Do we need a separate thread on mechanical doping?

53-year-old amateur rider caught using hidden motor at Italian race :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/53-year-old-amateur-rider-caught-using-hidden-motor-at-italian-race/

It's not doping but rather technological fraud.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
biker jk wrote:Do we need a separate thread on mechanical doping?

It's not doping but rather technological fraud.

True but I prefer "mechanical doping" as a figure of speech. Much more evocative.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:08 am

This time it Samuel Sanchez who tests positive to growth hormone releasing peptide GHRP-2. Apparently its a total surprise to get caught. Maybe this will be the case where the B-sample reveals that its all a big mistake :roll:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:12 pm

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:28 pm

They were good interviews...I have a lot of time for The Floyd. Esp. since he decided to embrace his reputation and sell grass and hash :lol: Unfortunately, it does highlight the absolutely stupid state of cycling as far as PED's are concerned.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:20 pm

I have a fairly low opinion of the credibility of anyone with a record of lying & cheating & of their honesty after being caught.

What particularly annoys me are the self serving comments that it was ok to take drugs because others were doing it - guess what the others were saying.

Landis also conveniently ignores his performance in 2006 where he was able to ride away from the T-Mobile team for 120km. Particularly seeing T-Mobile are said to have been blood doping at the time.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:16 am

find_bruce wrote: ...What particularly annoys me are the self serving comments that it was ok to take drugs because others were doing it - guess what the others were saying.

Personally, I find it an excuse, you always have a choice. That said, it would have been a difficult time to be a pro-cyclist.

On separate but equally crappy news, Bobridge in court over MDMA Drug sting

I don't know what's worse - taking drugs to improve performance or selling drugs on the street .....

Actually I do, and it saddens me a lot, as I thought Jack was pretty damn good. Wasn't just a few pills either :evil:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Another rider complaining about the Sky train.

Vincenzo Nibali: "My watts are higher than ever. We start the climbs so fast and then, they accelerate." (via @Gazzetta_it ) #LV2017

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:37 pm

biker jk wrote:Another rider complaining about the Sky train.

Vincenzo Nibali: "My watts are higher than ever. We start the climbs so fast and then, they accelerate." (via @Gazzetta_it ) #LV2017

Definitely something fishy about Sky. I have no evidence, but their performance is not adding up. When something seems too good to be true...

Return to “International and National Tours and Events”