2016 Giro d'Italia

GAV!N

Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia

Postby GAV!N » Mon May 30, 2016 4:47 pm

redsonic wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Brilliant GT, great to watch and LOVED Chavez interview at the end. Came 2nd and still rapt and no excuses.
He is great and despite not beaing able to support well in the mountains, the team still punched well above their weight.

Great effort & result.
I agree about Orica Greenedge's support. They were there when it mattered, and the team tactics looked faultless.

There when it mattered? Where? They were virtually nowhere to be seen as soon as the road pointed upwards. When it mattered was when Chavez was on his lonesome and Nibali had henchmen everywhere. He really could have done with a Yates brother or two in the last week. And towards the start of the race I didn't think there lead outs for Caleb were exceptional. I'm not saying OGE didn't do a great job, but I certainly wouldn't say they were faultless and were there when it mattered.

On another note, I thought BMC's performance was rather lackluster. Besides Atapuma giving the odd crack in the mountain, and Oss in virtually every breakaway there was, there wasn't much of them at all, for one of the 'bigger' teams. Hopefully they're saving it all for the tour for the Richie/Tejay double attack???