2017 Giro route

DavidS

Re: 2017 Giro route

Postby DavidS » Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm

I would agree that I likely missed out on the Giro, and I understand they really don't care, I suppose so be it. It is generally more interesting than Le tour which Sky have turned into a somewhat boring race.

Such a pity we can't see the Giro on FTA.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:19 am

MichaelB wrote:
g-boaf wrote:
I'm seeing all these routes, names of towns and looking where I'm going and thinking, yes, we are going along there! Canazei, yes, I'll be there. :D
I spent last night saying to myself "I know that chemist place", "Oh, that's where we stayed in Canazei", I remember that building on that hairpin"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad that they had great weather and that Tom D is speaking his mind rather than being polite.

Seems that as much as NQ & Nibs try, they can't sjhake Tom.

Hope like hell that they fall off the podium and that that Tom D wins.

I just looked at the hotels I'm in. They are all amazing. Only Innsbruck and Vienna seem a bit meh, all the others are stunning chalets with incredible scenery around them.

I could easily be happy living over there permanently.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:09 am

g-boaf wrote:
I could easily be happy living over there permanently.
Don't know about permanent, but I think it'd take me a while to get sick of it. Winter in the Dolomites might be good once, but would prefer to swap between Como & Dolomites (or equivalent) ... :wink:

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 am

Just over a week until I go to check it out myself!!

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:16 pm

About 12 for me to go.

I'm just doing what I can to prepare for it. If I'm honest I'm getting a bit weary of smashing myself 3 days a week (plus weekend rides) and longer hours at work, but it is having the right effect.

I got sick last week but I've recovered okay from that.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 am

Good luck, safe travels and great riding for both of you.

Looking fwd to seeing plenty of pics and hearing plenty of takles !!

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. This time next week I will be in transit. We plan to ride the Stelvio on the 20th, so here is hoping for some good weather then.

For me, I am totally off cycling form, but I think I will be OK to get up there slowly (I am an OK climber and relatively light). I am not doing a cycling holiday as such so don't need to keep up with my quicker mates day after day. Just need to get up there with my wife once and savour the experience. She is a great cyclist, but not used to this sort of thing, so I expect it will be a roller coaster ride of extreme highs and some tough lows, but overall will be a great experience.

All the best on your trip g-boaf!

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:53 pm

vosadrian wrote:Thanks guys. This time next week I will be in transit. We plan to ride the Stelvio on the 20th, so here is hoping for some good weather then.

For me, I am totally off cycling form, but I think I will be OK to get up there slowly (I am an OK climber and relatively light). I am not doing a cycling holiday as such so don't need to keep up with my quicker mates day after day. Just need to get up there with my wife once and savour the experience. She is a great cyclist, but not used to this sort of thing, so I expect it will be a roller coaster ride of extreme highs and some tough lows, but overall will be a great experience.

All the best on your trip g-boaf!
Thanks. :) Have fun over there - can't wait to see the photos. 8) Good luck, safe travels. :)

I'm staying in Hotel Jan Maria in Canazei:

http://www.hoteljanmaria.com/en/index.php