Ronde on SBS

fat and old

Ronde on SBS

Postby fat and old » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Very happy with the coverage :D Very unhappy with Keenan :( Still, Eurosport should have some replays tonight. I hope.

cyclotaur

Re: Ronde on SBS

Postby cyclotaur » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:34 pm

I watched the last two hours on Eurosport replay this morning. :)

As good as ever, Carlton Kirby knows how to commentate and entertain at the same time.
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Managed to stay awake till 11:20ish (55km to go) just before the Sagan stack.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:17 am

Yep, watched the replay on Euro last night. World of difference in commentary. The Palatoon is reeely pooshing on now.... :lol: Love it.

Excellent, excellent race. Shades of Gewiss perhaps :lol: , but excellent. Well done Gilbert.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 am

cyclotaur wrote:I watched the last two hours on Eurosport replay this morning. :)

As good as ever, Carlton Kirby knows how to commentate and entertain at the same time.
He gets hysterical in the final, but it's the unscripted quips that slip out during the commentary (if you are paying attention) which amuse and confuse. It does make listening to the droning Sean Kelly's mangled English a little more bearable.

So much more entertaining than Keenan's endless biographies of each rider who comes into view.

But on the other side of the world it seems that Kirby is just a polarising as Liggert or Sherwin or Keenan.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 am

RonK wrote:
cyclotaur wrote:I watched the last two hours on Eurosport replay this morning. :)

He gets hysterical in the final, but it's the unscripted quips that slip out during the commentary (if you are paying attention) which amuse and confuse. It does make listening to the droning Sean Kelly's mangled English a little more bearable.

So much more entertaining than Keenan's endless biographies of each rider who comes into view.

But on the other side of the world it seems that Kirby is just a polarising as Liggert or Sherwin or Keenan.
Kelly can be entertaining when he gets the riders' names wrong such as during the Ronde when he said "Ghillipe Philbert". :lol:

roller

Postby roller » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Coverage in WA left a lot to be desired, I watched the stream from about 730-920PM, kilometres 140 to go down to 70 to go.

Then at 920PM the broadcast on SBS Viceland commences, after about 15 minutes of pre-race fluff and intro they finally cut to the race. . . .

at km 140 to go :evil: :roll:

So I went back to watching the stream, which was ok, but buffered a fair bit at inopportune times and there's a world of difference between enjoying the race on TV from the comfort of your couch compared to the laptop or computer in the study.
inflammatory statement or idea