Il Lombardia 2017

MichaelB

Il Lombardia 2017

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 am

Final big race of the year. Bugger that Chaves is not there, but Yates seems on fire.

Need to work out best way of watching it as they'll race on some of the exact roads that I rode on last year including Muro di Sormano and will go past the road that we stayed on (via Aldo Moro at Pognana Lario).

Great place to ride !!!

Go Yatesy !!! If he's riding ...

MichaelB

Re: Il Lombardia 2017

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Here is the route that we took when we rode from our AirBnB place in Pognana Lario, headed up to Belaggio, did Madonna del Ghisallo (man that wasn't easy), with a quick detour through Barni, then a quick RHander after Lasnigo and head up to Colme di Sormano, but take the shortcut up the Muro :shock:
Then a great descent after a deserved espresso on top of Sormano into Nesso and back to our apartment on via Aldo Moro.

Looking fwd to seeing it again !!

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm

I have been expecting you to post this.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one too. I spent a week in a waterfront apartment on Lake Como last year and while I didn't do any cycling I did drive up the Madonna del Ghisallo to the chapel. With this years race finishing in Como the Ghisallo and Sormano will be critical climbs. (For those that don't know, the race runs from Como to Bergamo one year then the opposite direction the next).

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:42 am

Another great race with lots of attacks.

Bugger about Bakelants (7 busted ribs & L1, L3 vertebrae) Simone Petilli (various broken bones including in neck). At least de Plus is out of hospital

Apparently Bakelant's bike ended up in a tree
via Kristof Ramon
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower