Goro 2018....the two million dollar man.

fat and old

Goro 2018....the two million dollar man.

Postby fat and old » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:59 pm

So Froomay is being stumped $2 millski (yeah, you've seen that sort of language before, remember? :lol: ) to front the Giro. Which, as an aside, apparently gives the people paying him the right to decide on location names?

Thoughts? (On Froomay)

biker jk

Re: Goro 2018....the two million dollar man.

Postby biker jk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:13 pm

The organisers paying two million to destroy the Giro as a spectacle doesn't make sense. Why they want to turn the exciting Giro into a TdF borefest is baffling.

march83

Re: Giro 2018....the two million dollar man.

Postby march83 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:28 pm

There are people who wouldn't be impressed by Froome winning the Tour on a fixie in a sequin jumpsuit. I don't understand it. Froome has raced his own race for the past few years and being the strongest of his generation somehow makes this boring despite his attacks and his superhuman efforts. Can't put it down to anything other than the haters just not liking Froome so seeing someone they don't like winning makes the race boring? IDK, I can't explain it...

Anyway, the Giro is typically a more explosive route than the Tour and having the strongest riders in the race can only make it more interesting. Hoping that other GC contenders see that Froome is putting himself out there an exposing his weaknesses and risking some freshness - hopefully they can attack him at both the Giro and the Tour and either knock him off his perch or give him a chance to do amazing things. Personally, can't wait

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:47 am

If he is successful and does the same at the Tour people will be witnessing something unlikely to be seen again in their generation and on top of that the World's course for 2018 gives him a shot this year. I don't find this boring at all, its the type of thing you want to be telling your grandkids about and how you rode with him at letape or watched him at the sun tour.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:04 pm

I’m one of those that don’t wrk to Froome, but happy to admit he does well.

What really bugs me those is the whole Team Sky ethos/system and use the rules to the limit. Which is also to say they are not doing anything wrong, just dodgy.

Hope it’s a great event, just like this year

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 am

lone rider wrote:If he is successful and does the same at the Tour people will be witnessing something unlikely to be seen again in their generation and on top of that the World's course for 2018 gives him a shot this year. I don't find this boring at all, its the type of thing you want to be telling your grandkids about and how you rode with him at letape or watched him at the sun tour.
I don't think it will be boring...and The Tour definitely won't be...but I remember watching Froomay decide to win the 2016 Sun Tour after realising whiney Kennaugh just may lose it to Howson :? . And the look on Ewan's face after the first time up Arthur's....I don't think he did the second :lol: (He'd still leave me like 10 minutes behind tho...)

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:57 pm

fat and old wrote:
lone rider wrote:If he is successful and does the same at the Tour people will be witnessing something unlikely to be seen again in their generation and on top of that the World's course for 2018 gives him a shot this year. I don't find this boring at all, its the type of thing you want to be telling your grandkids about and how you rode with him at letape or watched him at the sun tour.
I don't think it will be boring...and The Tour definitely won't be...but I remember watching Froomay decide to win the 2016 Sun Tour after realising whiney Kennaugh just may lose it to Howson :? . And the look on Ewan's face after the first time up Arthur's....I don't think he did the second :lol: (He'd still leave me like 10 minutes behind tho...)
That day in the 2016 Herald Sun tour was great racing. The Sky team smashing the peleton to bits up Arthur's Seat, and then Dowson trying to launch a solo attack - but Froome followed, and Kennaugh missed it completely. Great stuff!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 pm

I hope the Giro organisers didn't pay Frome upfront. :lol:

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Too late. He's used it and payed for his new pharmocologacalistic study to prove we're all wrong! :lol: