Meyer goes neo-pro

Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Vuelta a España, Tour Down Under and more

Meyer goes neo-pro

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Australia's Cameron Meyer is the latest neo-professional to be picked up by Jonathan Vaughters' Garmin-Chipotle squad. The West Australian youngster will join the American outfit in 2009 for the first of a two year contract.

"I am very excited about joining the professional ranks," said Meyer. "Garmin-Chipotle is one of the best teams in the world and I am very happy to be joining them. It was certainly a dream and goal of mine to become a professional rider and to have had it happen so quickly, I can't wait to begin."

"For 2009 I will begin with the Australian Open Road Championships and then the Tour Down Under," he said. "These are two events which I would really love to perform well in. I will still have a track focus early in the season and I hope to represent Australia at the World Track Championships in Poland again, where I hope to take that extra step out of fourth place in the points race and be on the podium."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /oct28news

Great to see this kid get a chance with such a well respected team. Also great to see another rider move through the ranks via the SouthAustralia.com-AIS squad.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)
RICHARDH

Return to International and National Tours and Events