Tour de Suisse 2018

MichaelB

Tour de Suisse 2018

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 am

Might have to keep up the Foxtel for a few more weeks (don't think it's on SBS, but Dauphine is), as apparently Jack Haig will be racing at TdS.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/haig-to ... de-suisse/

Had a stellar ride at the Giro, so looking fwd to seeing how he can do. They didn't list who else is going yet. Lot of other big hitters at the Dauphine, so the filed may be a bit light on, but Quintana and Landa will be there I believe, as will Porte.

Two Aussies to cheer on !! :mrgreen:

fat and old

Re: Tour de Suisse 2018

Postby fat and old » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Looking forward to this much more than the Dauphine this year. Sick of watching Sky's "classics" guys hit up the GC

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:51 pm

fat and old wrote:Looking forward to this much more than the Dauphine this year. Sick of watching Sky's "classics" guys hit up the GC
It will be interesting to see if Sky's crash early, recover late strategy works in a one week race. :lol:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 pm

biker jk wrote:
fat and old wrote:Looking forward to this much more than the Dauphine this year. Sick of watching Sky's "classics" guys hit up the GC
It will be interesting to see if Sky's crash early, recover late strategy works in a one week race. :lol:
1st part of plan is in place in Dauphine.

Only need to see how it goes for the last few stages. Win one, lose time on the next and mega breakaway on the last .....

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:12 pm

biker jk wrote:
Nope. “I’m co-leading the TDF” Thomas has forged ahead. He’s given Dan Martin his yearly “I’m a contender” win and is ready to stake his claim as Sky’s TDF secret weapon.......But we all know that’s really a smokescreen to hide Bernal who will take the white, polka dot and yellow jersey in his first TDF. If Froomay gets shanked by ASO... :lol:

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:11 am

MichaelB wrote:Might have to keep up the Foxtel for a few more weeks (don't think it's on SBS, but Dauphine is), as apparently Jack Haig will be racing at TdS.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/haig-to ... de-suisse/

Had a stellar ride at the Giro, so looking fwd to seeing how he can do. They didn't list who else is going yet. Lot of other big hitters at the Dauphine, so the filed may be a bit light on, but Quintana and Landa will be there I believe, as will Porte.

Two Aussies to cheer on !! :mrgreen:
With the TdF starting a week later than normal this year (due to the World Cup), I think a number of GC riders have chosen to do TdS as their pre-TdF tune-up this year rather than the Dauphine. A pity SBS didn't pick up on this trend earlier.

Porte suffered in last year's Dauphine because BMC's "A" domestiques were at TdS instead (unsurprising given their two major sponsors are Swiss), so I'm sure both timing and support meant he was keen to do TdS this year.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 am

Seems TDS is not even on Eurosport?

Oh well. Hi Richie & Jack !!!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm

I am tuning into Eurosport and just enjoying some nice hill climbs. Usually last 25km of the stages as reruns in the evening but a lot is happening... all dauphine but I havn’t even been concentrating on which race it is... the bigger fight is to convince the kids that bike riding is better than the other kids programs.
Cycling is in my BNA

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:47 am

AUbicycles wrote:better than the other kids programs.
Come on mate, I know Froome is continuing the fantasy, make believe side of cycle racing but really, it’s not at kids show level yet. :lol:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:24 pm

fat and old wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:better than the other kids programs.
Come on mate, I know Froome is continuing the fantasy, make believe side of cycle racing but really, it’s not at kids show level yet. :lol:
True, that science fiction genre is 18+ only due to the depiction of drug use.
Last edited by biker jk on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am

Little Richie has moved up, after an attempted show of strength by Landa. I wonder what the dynamic is at Movistar, with both he and Quintana being Alpha males? Should be some good racing ahead.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 am

Yep, good to see him in yellow after some good work by TJvG, just hope it keeps going !!!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Seems like Richie is pretty spritely, got a bit of a gap on the other favourites, but still early days.

Pity there isn't any TV of it ...

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm

MichaelB wrote:Seems like Richie is pretty spritely, got a bit of a gap on the other favourites, but still early days.

Pity there isn't any TV of it ...
Youtube is your friend. Flo Cycling do good post stage summaries with video. LRP attacked with around 1.5km to go and dropped Quintana and Fuglsang, among others. It was an out of the saddle attack similar to his Willunga Hill exploit.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 am

Timely and possibly career saving win for Richie. Well done to the team, as well as the overall, took home a couple of stages as well. Hopefully BMC also do well in the Tour TTT so Richie isn’t on the back foot.

Hoping he also does well in a few weeks !