Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
- Posts: 8424
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm
As we rolled up, they were eyeing off an absolutely pristine 70s vintage Ford Falcon 500 GS.
They drive a white VT Commodore wagon, so if you see them - caution!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:01 am
Good luck if you're trying to find your two missing wheels.
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:08 pm
- Posts: 166
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Got a photo from the corner, but it's not great. Wasn't in the mood for a punch-on trying to get a closer one. PM if you think it might be yours and I can text the pic through. Small saddle bag visible in photo and might be a giveaway for the owner.
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 am
- Posts: 1498
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:50 pm
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:17 pm
Thanks for posting this!
- Posts: 552
- Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 pm
- Location: Glenmore Park
RideLikeTheWind wrote:Propel on Gumtree - 2016 model for $1500.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/stirling ... 1101808587
Awesome result - others also saw the same ad and posted it to Stolen Bikes Australia - this and two others were recovered!
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 pm
- Location: Camberwell - South Melb -
Bridge road Richmond Sat 20 Feb 2016. About 2pm.
This looked 'interesting" to me...
Quick snap by passenger over my shoulder just in case someone recognises the bike.
- 5L petrol jerry can in left hand. Can't see can in photo but can see shadow on ground by front wheel
- Heavily bandaged left foot. No shoe. Presume on pedal for cleats.
- Hed deep section front wheel which was mismatched to rear wheel which had...
- Rear quick release open...what knowledgable rider would ride any bike like that?
- Of course no helmet
- And one extra issue which is legal but shouldn't be. Butt no tatts there.
If legit then the back story will be an interesting one... Just sayin.......
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:51 pm
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:03 pm
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourn ... 1129344253
And the serial number led me to this: https://bikeindex.org/bikes/71591
Stolen in a different country and showing up in Australia several months later... Would you steer clear of this one?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm
It was 6:15 pm on 25/05 and he was on the first carriage.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 pm
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/beaumar ... 1153551448
http://www.melbournecyclist.com/group/s ... in-carlton
The only difference in the description is in the tires and they could have easily been changed in the 3 years since it was stolen. I tried to become a member of the Melbourne Cyclist but my membership needs to be approved first. Is there anyone that is already a member that can message the guy that had his bike stolen.
- Posts: 769
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 pm
- Location: Newcastle
MurraySmith wrote:Hi all. I saw this add on gumtree and the description is copied directly from a post about a stolen bike on Melbourne Cyclist.
Wow that gumtree description is not just similar to the description of the stolen bike, it's verbatim. Makes you wonder if it was written by the same guy.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.