Stolen: Sydney - 1990 Bob Jackson

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

Stolen: Sydney - 1990 Bob Jackson

Postby missinglink » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:20 pm

I’m new to these forums and have given up any hope of every seeing my bike again but will post its specs here on the remote chance…..

Stolen from Sydney in 2003 a metallic brown Bob Jackson custom frame built with Reynolds 531, Cinelli bottom bracket and lugs. 126mm rear spacing for 6 speed axle. Reynolds dropouts (vertical at rear). Chromed chain stays. Braised front changer bracket. Mounting brackets for rear pannier which had a Blackburn rack mounted at the time. Braised lug on head tube for top tube frame mount pump. Three braised guides for rear brake cable on top of the top tube. Braised lugs for gear levers on down tube. Water cage fittings on down and seat tubes. The front forks also had threaded holes for front panniers with chromed blanking bolts. I say braised but as I understand it Bob Jackson silver solder their frame sets and I never had it back to bare metal to confirm.

The most distinguishing feature was the full 3/4 wrap seat stays across the seat lug.

At the time it had Campagnolo Athena group set throughout, Mavic rims (36x3) , red Look 99 pedals and a Brooks Professional leather saddle. Handlebars at the time were time trial bars (not aero).

Have gun, will travel.
missinglink

Return to Stolen Bikes