Stolen: Haro Flightline 2. Melbourne, Northland

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

Stolen: Haro Flightline 2. Melbourne, Northland

Postby shion_3072 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:05 am

Had my much loved bike stolen from out the front of Northland Shopping Centre near Preston. Stolen 17 Jun 2010

Haro Flightline 2. Silver grey.
Black handlebar ends.
Flaming skull stickers on the downtube.
Missing a spoke from the back wheel near the valve that day, might get put in for repair somewhere.

Never give up hope on stolen bikes :D , I got one back from the police, a full year after it was reported stolen, from my licence number scratched into the frame, unfortunately didn't get around to doing it on this one :oops: .

Thanks
shion_3072

by BNA » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm

BNA

Re: Stolen: Haro Flightline 2. Melbourne, Northland

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Bugger! That sucks.

Good luck with it shion.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Anthonyv » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:28 am

shion_3072 wrote:Had my much loved bike stolen from out the front of Northland Shopping Centre near Preston. Stolen 17 Jun 2010

Haro Flightline 2. Silver grey.
Black handlebar ends.
Flaming skull stickers on the downtube.
Missing a spoke from the back wheel near the valve that day, might get put in for repair somewhere.

Never give up hope on stolen bikes :D , I got one back from the police, a full year after it was reported stolen, from my licence number scratched into the frame, unfortunately didn't get around to doing it on this one :oops: .

Thanks

Wwill keep an eye out for it, as I work just down the road in Chifley Drive.
Anthony
Anthonyv

Postby Westgarth » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:31 am

Damn, and it was a Christmas present too judging by the photo!

Cash Converters in Preston might be worth a look if you're going down High St anytime soon.
Westgarth

Postby shion_3072 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Thanks for keeping a lookout.. Yeh, I go past that cash converters every day. Still looking out everywhere, don't know what i will do if I see it locked up to a post somewhere, :shock: hmm call the police I suppose.

Yes it was a christmas present from the family, never really heard of Haro as mtb's before, now I love them, great quality, it was as good as new after 3 years of daily use. I do like having a bike, that people come up and talk to you about, but probably not a good idea to leave them locked up in dodgy locataions. Think I will get a cheap commuter and a fun bike next, a haro sonix :D maybe, if i can fund it.

thanks, cheers
shion_3072

Postby mtb101 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:59 pm

mate ... go to the security office at Northland and ask to see security footage of where your bike was parked (if any)!. Worth a try.
mtb101

Postby shion_3072 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Ta, but no footage, Northland bike racks are all hidden to the side of entrances, around corners with no cameras. I've since seen 2 bikes have thier seat nicked from there, saw one deadbeat removing and riding of with someones as I was walking back to the racks. At least my new $100 Repco's seat is bolted on. :roll: I cannot begin to tell you how unbelivably and incredibly useless a supermarket bike is, even changed the brakes down to some old calipers. I miss my haro sooo much, sigh.

The best place I've figured, at Northland, and probably most shopping centers is to lock your bike up on the fence of the childrens play area. Thats the only place people and security seem keep an eye on.
shion_3072

Return to Stolen Bikes