STOLEN: Blue Flight Maui Cruiser with rear basket - ACT

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

STOLEN: Blue Flight Maui Cruiser with rear basket - ACT

Postby thekovac » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Gday guys.

My friend had her much valued bike stolen last week on Wednesday from Australian National Univercity "Union Court" between 11pm and 11am. It is known as a Flight Maui Cruiser. It is bright blue in colour, with white grips, white 26" rims and a big white seat. Biggest recognisable feature is that it has a rear black basket fitted to a TopPeak rack. The bike rack is not easy or a standard fitament - a bit of work had to be done for it to fit as the frame had no predrilled holes for racks to be fitted too. It was connected to seatpost tighener by one brace.

This bike is produced solely by Goldcross and was bought here in Melbourne and transported up to Camberra. Considering there are no Goldcross stores in Canberra, its almost impossible that the bike would be anyone else's but her's. Its not worth heaps in value but it was worth alot for my friend who studies and works 3 jobs in Canberra and is her main form of transport. The top tube should have a plain font "FLIGHT" logo written across it too. The blue in the picture is a bit dull but its quite bright in real life.

Please keep and eye our and let me know by email ( [email protected] ) or by PM if you see anything like it around Canberra. It is a very feminine and fairly distinct bike, so maybe keep an eye out for at female riders.

Bike looks like this:

Thank you - all help is highly appreciated - lets hope we can bring her main transport - currently she's doing alot of night shifts and its really hard for her to get to her jobs and have time to study....

Much Regards,
TheKovac
Main Wheels - Gina the 2009 Apollo Giro C
Backup Ride - Tina the 2007 Giant Thermo2
thekovac

by BNA » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 pm

BNA

Re: STOLEN: Blue Flight Maui Cruiser with rear basket - ACT

Postby thekovac » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Thought I would update this thread with very good news!

About two months ago - my friend, whose bike this is, was sitting on a bus when she seen what she beleived was her bike being ridden by some hodded mug. She instantly recognised that this is her bike so she yelled out to the bus driver to stop because she's going to get her bike back lol (the entire bus was cheering her on!). So she got on foot and followed this guy (yes, a male) riding her bike - he was quite slow (this bike with its heavy frame & single speed setup means its not really velodrone material). The guy ended up going to a local convenenice store and left the bike outside unlocked! Sooo.... guess who stole her bike back from the theif? She pretty much just hoped straight on and rode her bike home!!

Not a bad ending after all. Unfortunately her brakes were shot and the tyres needed to be replaced but other than that it is fine condition. I think she mentioned she has seen a few scratches/dints here and there but she wasn't too fussed. Either way - she has bought a proper lock that will be alot harder to cut through shall the thief try his hand again and flogging off her bike.

So - all's well ends well!
Main Wheels - Gina the 2009 Apollo Giro C
Backup Ride - Tina the 2007 Giant Thermo2
thekovac

Postby Warnesy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 pm

That's gold, great to hear she got it back. Quite hilarious that some hooded thug was getting around on that bike :D
Warnesy

Postby toddstar77 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 pm

love the happy ending stories... too many unhappy ones.

just goes to show it pays to keep your eyes open.
toddstar77

Postby sandberry » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 pm

thekovac wrote:Thought I would update this thread with very good news!

About two months ago - my friend, whose bike this is, was sitting on a bus when she seen what she beleived was her bike being ridden by some hodded mug. She instantly recognised that this is her bike so she yelled out to the bus driver to stop because she's going to get her bike back lol (the entire bus was cheering her on!). So she got on foot and followed this guy (yes, a male) riding her bike - he was quite slow (this bike with its heavy frame & single speed setup means its not really velodrone material). The guy ended up going to a local convenenice store and left the bike outside unlocked! Sooo.... guess who stole her bike back from the theif? She pretty much just hoped straight on and rode her bike home!!

Not a bad ending after all. Unfortunately her brakes were shot and the tyres needed to be replaced but other than that it is fine condition. I think she mentioned she has seen a few scratches/dints here and there but she wasn't too fussed. Either way - she has bought a proper lock that will be alot harder to cut through shall the thief try his hand again and flogging off her bike.

So - all's well ends well!

That's fantastic news, and good on her for taking charge of the hunt like that and keeping her cool.
sandberry

Postby buzz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 am

It can be quite depressing reading about all the stolen bikes, so it's very refreshing to hear a happy ending!!!
buzz

Return to Stolen Bikes