Stolen: Custom Surly 1x1 Glebe, NSW

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

Stolen: Custom Surly 1x1 Glebe, NSW

Postby pjclare » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 am

Just finished building this bike, took it down to Canberra to do Mt Kowan, and because it was dirty I locked it to the bike rack in the car park for my apartment building. Went to check it on the weekend because I was planning to go riding on Sunday morning, and it was just gone. The chain that was securing it (through the frame and front wheel to a steel bike rack) is also gone. There was a cheap, green, quite thin chain that had been cut and left on the ground, so mine was possibly not the only bike taken.

The bike is pretty distinctive. Built it myself and spent a lot of time choosing the parts. It's a singlespeed mountain bike, fully rigid (no suspension at all), based around a black Surly 1x1 frame. I'll list the major components below:

Frame: Surly 1x1, black
Crankset: RaceFace Deus XC in red, with a white e.thirteen bash guard and red crankbros Acid 2 pedals.
Wheels: Red DT Swiss E2200s built around a black surly rear hub and red Hope front hub. Rear hub is bolted, with a surly tensioner. Front hub is QR. Avid BB7 disc brakes.
Saddle/seat post: RaceFace Deus seat post with white Ritchey saddle.
Bars: RaceFace Turbine riser bar with red grips (RaceFace sniper) and Avid Speed dial 7 levers.

pjclare

Return to Stolen Bikes