Tricked you Mr (or Mrs) Thief!

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

Tricked you Mr (or Mrs) Thief!

Postby TigerFilly » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Bit of background - we used to keep all our bikes on our front porch (family of 6), until my lovely Giant hybrid was stolen last November. It was stolen from right in front of our lounge room window at 9pm at night! Since then we have been locking them up out the back, which is a pain in the neck, but at least they are safe.
When my bike was stolen it had a bracket attached to it for my youngest daughter's tag-along bike. Her tag-along bike is therefore now useless unless I buy a new bracket, so it had been left still sitting on the front porch.

This morning I came out to the driveway to go in to work, and there was the tag-along sitting on the footpath a few metres from the house. I am guessing someone thought they would pinch another bicycle, grabbed it and dashed out of the garden and around the corner, and then realised it was essentially only half a bike!
I am feeling somewhat pleased to think of the scumbag thief's disappointment to find it wasn't a proper bike.
TigerFilly

by BNA » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 pm

BNA

Re: Tricked you Mr (or Mrs) Thief!

Postby Nobody » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 pm

I thought you were going to say something like you put an old bike out there with a tracking unit in it. Waiting for the thief to take it, tracked it to the thief's house and got your good bike back. Along with getting the thief arrested.
Nobody

Re: Tricked you Mr (or Mrs) Thief!

Postby warthog1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Nobody wrote:I thought you were going to say something like you put an old bike out there with a tracking unit in it. Waiting for the thief to take it, tracked it to the thief's house and got your good bike back. Along with getting the thief arrested.

I like your plan :twisted:
warthog1

Return to Stolen Bikes