Stolen - 2008 Kona Dew Plus - Prahran, Melbourne

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
1lesscarMelb

Stolen - 2008 Kona Dew Plus - Prahran, Melbourne

Postby 1lesscarMelb » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 pm

2 week old Kona Dew plus (my first new bike... not a bad boast for a 40 y.o.!!) Purchased to replace an old Avanti that was run over by a truck! (Truck hit pole, killed bike).

Kona is bottle green in colour with toe straps and black plastic mud guards front and rear. It also had a baby seat on the back which, no doubt, would be removed by now. Frame was large (I'm 192 cm).

Bike was locked to a bike rack with three of those security cables... the ones that are meant to be hard to cut through. (They aren't.) One through the front wheel, one through the rear, baby seat and bike rack, and one through the seat.

The bike was locked in the same spot every day - down a side street off High St Prahran near the Centrelink Office, which is possibly tempting fate. (Work won't let me bring it inside.)

Bitter and twisted? A little, but I have been running into work so high levels of dopamine are keeping me buoyant.

1lesscarMelb

Postby 1lesscarMelb » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Oh, I should add:

It was stolen on Friday 4th of July. I arrived at work at 10am and left at 9pm, and didn't go outside at any point to check the bike. But it probably happened after dark.

The Praran Police have been notified, so if anyone sees a bottle green Kona Dew Plus for sale, please let them know.

Thanks everyone.