Bike Found in Spring Hill Park (Brisbane)

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

Bike Found in Spring Hill Park (Brisbane)

Postby grantj » Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 am

Morning All,

This morning I found a Cube 29er mountain bike laying in the park at Spring Hill (Brisbane), between Albert St and Wickham Tce. It is a decent mountain bike, so I thought it was strange that it was just lying there. On closer inspection, it had a rear puncture, and the rear disc caliper had been depressed (brake lever must have been pulled while the rear wheel was out). The frame had condensation on it, so I'm guessing it had been there a while. The rear derailleur was sitting in the dirt, and is probably broken. Looks like it was dumped there....

I waited round for 15 minutes in case someone left it there while getting technical or medical help.

Noting the park isn't the safest, I have taken the bike back to my office in Spring Hill, and have reported it to the Police. I have also left a note near where I found it, and have left a few messages on bike forums around Brisbane.

If you know of anyone who might of had this stolen, please get in contact with me. I'd much rather return it to its rightful owner, rather than dropping it off to Police to go into their storage shed of stolen property.

Grant

[email protected]
grantj

Return to Stolen Bikes