Sun 15/6 Black & Gold colored MS Oppy, Success McDonalds WA.

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
HappyHumber

Sun 15/6 Black & Gold colored MS Oppy, Success McDonalds WA.

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:14 pm

At approximately 11:30am on Sunday morning, 15th of June a small sized, late model Malvern Star Oppy was stolen from outside the Success McDonalds on Beeliar Drive. The bike was free-locked through the wheel and frame, but not attached to anything else.

The bike by way of quick description:

[list][*]Late model Malvern Star Oppy
[*]Black with Gold & White Highlights
[*]Smaller size.
[*]105 groupset
[*] Mavic Aksium wheelset
[*]Brooks Saddle
[*]Customised compact crank with 44/34 chain rings. (Not an off-the-shelf combo you see much at all)[/list][/b]

This bike belongs to a gentleman by the name of Colin Farmer. Colin and his wife Barbara are active local cyclists both in their 80s and this bike was infact an 80th birthday gift.

Barbara and Colin have been very active in the local cycling scene for many years. They're both veterans of a number of Paris-Brest-Paris 1200km events. These days they are Saturday morning regulars at the Carriage Cafe, Fremantle where their company is always enjoyed by some of the old and newer generations of the local Audax community. After their coffee at the cafe, they continue by bike to their weekly fruit shopping at the Freo Markets before returning home.

Getting a bike stolen sucks at the best of times. It sucks doubly so when it happens to such nice people.

If by chance you've seen a bike which fits this description anywhere in Perth or surrounds, perhaps for sale - please PM me in confidence.

Actual bike (& Colin's legs)

--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

HappyHumber

Re: Sun 15/6 Black & Gold colored MS Oppy, Success McDonalds

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:21 am

Not the bike in question. Just posting a pic which better captures the frame colour scheme.

--

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am

Hope it gets recovered and they get nabbed. Would love a video of a copper turning up to collect from a gumtree ad.
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

Mediocratus

Postby Mediocratus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:50 am

frailer5 wrote:Hope it gets recovered and they get nabbed. Would love a video of a copper turning up to collect from a gumtree ad.
Maybe McDonalds might have CCTV footage of the theft. I have passed on the details of this to Channel 7. They do public interest stories like this and a bit of publicity might make things hot for the thieves.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Mediocratus wrote:Maybe McDonalds might have CCTV footage of the theft.
I'm only relaying this secondhand, but apparently they do. A hoodied individual is seen approaching the bike, attempting to hop on and ride it. He realises its free-locked quickly enough before getting off and hoiking it over his shoulder and nonchalantly strolling off out of shot. That's about all the detail I know.

I'm sure the Police have been involved, but beyond the standard incident report and case number shuffle I don't know what else assistance they might be at this stage.
--