Stolen: 2011 Pinarello FP2 (red) - Collingwood, Melbourne

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
_mike_breeze_

Stolen: 2011 Pinarello FP2 (red) - Collingwood, Melbourne

Postby _mike_breeze_ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi All,

This red Pinarello FP2 was stolen from home in Collingwood last night.

I'd love it if you can keep an eye out; and or get in touch if you think you spot it.

Cheers

Mike

vgolferau

Re: Stolen: 2011 Pinarello FP2 (red) - Collingwood, Melbourne

Postby vgolferau » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi..didn't want to create a new thread...

My son's bike was mangled last weekend...long story. Anyway, after hearing about this, a kid he knows has offered him a "free bike". Says he doesn't need it any longer and "can't be bothered selling". I thought that was a nice gesture. So I asked my son if I could see a photo of the bike...looked pretty nice but bike brands don't mean anything to me.

It's a Pinarello and the model seems to be FP2. On the frame it says Carbon Monocoque 24HM12K. Again this doesn't mean a lot to me.

So I've just googled the thing and looked at some of the second hand prices of Pinarellos and they're pretty pricey. I don't think this kid's parents are particularly loaded...so I'm thinking this bike may be stolen or he's somehow come into possession of it in a dodgy way. So just thought I'd post here if anyone is missing one?

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 am

vgolferau wrote:So just thought I'd post here if anyone is missing one?
Does it look like any of these? https://www.bikevault.com.au/Stolen?Sea ... ypeID=null

Does seem odd that old mate is willing to give away a Pinarello. There are fake Pinarellos kicking around, but in my experience they still attract a reasonable price given that they appear identical to the real thing.

vgolferau

Postby vgolferau » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:58 am

P!N20 wrote: Does it look like any of these? https://www.bikevault.com.au/Stolen?Sea ... ypeID=null
Looks similar to a couple but different colours...the one he has is all black and black handlebars.

The boy changed his mind after my son asked a few more questions and told him what the bike is worth second hand. All seemed a bit suss...