Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

fpstroy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby fpstroy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 pm

I ordered the below wheels believing they were QR.


Fulcrum Racing Sport 700c DB 6-Bolt Wheelset 2016
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/e ... prod171493

Turns out the rear was thru axle and only the front was QR doh!
Anyone know where I can get a conversion kit to make the rear 135mm QR?

Found nuke proof make a kit but its out of stock
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/e ... -prod34779

User avatar
10speedsemiracer
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs, near the hills,

Re: Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:17 am

Wheels Mfg ? On mbl so no linkages sorry.
Mmm, SunTour

User avatar
RonK
Posts: 10273
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Contact:

Re: Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby RonK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm

fpstroy wrote:I ordered the below wheels believing they were QR.


Fulcrum Racing Sport 700c DB 6-Bolt Wheelset 2016
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/e ... prod171493

Turns out the rear was thru axle and only the front was QR doh!
Anyone know where I can get a conversion kit to make the rear 135mm QR?

Found nuke proof make a kit but its out of stock
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/e ... -prod34779

I did exactly the reverse with a set of Fulcrum Red Power wheels recently - I wanted thru axles both ends. It was simply a matter of changing the end caps on the front hub.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

fpstroy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby fpstroy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:03 pm

RonK wrote:I did exactly the reverse with a set of Fulcrum Red Power wheels recently - I wanted thru axles both ends. It was simply a matter of changing the end caps on the front hub.


Hi RenK this gives me some hope, any idea where I can buy the end caps?

The wheels didn't come with any additional ones.

User avatar
RonK
Posts: 10273
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Contact:

Re: Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby RonK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Trying to remember. I will have the QR end caps somewhere. I will try to find them. But I'm not sure if they will fit your hub.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

fpstroy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby fpstroy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 pm

RonK wrote:Trying to remember. I will have the QR end caps somewhere. I will try to find them. But I'm not sure if they will fit your hub.


Thanks for the offer RonK let us know how you go.

I went to the local bike shop apparently the end caps are on back order from distributor. ~2 weeks before I can order them.. Ill see if I can get some quicker online. Sounds like they will be about $50 + freight from LBS.

I got the part number KITFCRAQR..

User avatar
RonK
Posts: 10273
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Contact:

Re: Convert 135mm Thru Axle to QR?

Postby RonK » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 pm

Very sorry - turned the place upside down this afternoon but could not find the end caps. I think Bikebug has them.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Duck!, MattyK