Derailleur adjustment...

Vishesh

Derailleur adjustment...

Postby Vishesh » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:05 am

Need some assistance with adjusting my derailleurs on my road bike.

1) When on the small chainring (34) and largest cog (25) the chain rubs against the inside LHS side of the front derailleur. How do I adjust this so it doesn't rub?

2) Same gear as above (34-25), the rear derailleur rubs the spokes when I stand/hillclimb and lean the bike to the left. The derailleur under its own weight 'falls' onto the spokes and slightly rubs. How do I adjust this?

Im running Athena 11-spd derailleurs and levers.

Cheers...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Derailleur adjustment...

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:42 am

Sounds like the limit screws might need tweaking. The rear mech should not touch the spokes.

Look HERE, HERE and HERE for expert advice.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

a.davis12

Re: Derailleur adjustment...

Postby a.davis12 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:54 pm

rubbing in the 34-25 on the front mech isnt a bad thing. it means you can't drop your chain onto the inside. squished nuts are a lot worse than a bit of noise in the granny gear. if it really bothers you, disconnect the front derailleur cable and adjust the low limit screw.

rear mech rubbing the spokes is a problem. dial in (as in clockwise, tightening, screwing in....i always get confused) the low limit screw until the cage is inline or very very slightly inboard(yes i said inboard) of the 25t. this may fix your problems or your hanger may be bent. if the latter is the case take it to a shop and get it fixed, or buy the tool yourself and get bending.