Framebuilding or welding seminar?

karavshin

Framebuilding or welding seminar?

Postby karavshin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:38 am

Hi there. I've got a small machine shop back in Singapore (my home) where I build bike frames as a hobby. I'm going to be in Sydney for a week's holiday next week.

I always look for opportunities to improve my framebuilding skills. Was wondering if there are any skilled framebuilders in the Sydney area would be interested in giving me a seminar(s) (an afternoon, or an evening, or a day) while I'm there. Of course I'd pay for the instruction.

I currently fillet braze my frames, but I'd like to learn how to properly TIG weld a frame, too. I spent a week at Lincoln Electric in Cleveland USA learning the fundamentals of tig welding many different materials and situations, but didn't spend much time on thinwall cromoly. This is one area I'm particularly keen to learn from a bicycle-specific expert.

Worst case is I don't find anyone and have a lot of free time to enjoy cafe life. haha

Regards,

Michael.Slater@gmail.com

Uncle Grumpy

Re: Framebuilding or welding seminar?

Postby Uncle Grumpy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Wow, and all this time I thought you were a cricketer with a shaving sponsorship!

Onya Slats!

Grumps
You are very tedious, and grumpy. Stay at home and give advice from your armchair.
- Stonedpirate, June 2010