Bikeshop workshops you'd rate.

Schmenz

Re: Bikeshop workshops you'd rate.

Postby Schmenz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 pm

master6 wrote:
Schmenz wrote:I would definitely rate mine as one to miss!

Washed bike, relubed with not enough lube. Now the left brake sticks and is nasty, and no matter how I tweak the front derailleur, it still makes a horrible clicking noise as each chain link flicks past it.

:(

Perhaps you need a pen and paper?

Take one problem at a time. eg left brake. Now list some possible causes. eg . cable frayed in brake handle, crap in rear brake arms, cable dry/needs lube.
Now sit down and think of one possible cause at a time, and devise a method to test for each possible problem.

Should I go on?

i think i need more bike knowledge for that solution! i tried to lube the cable.. no go. :( thinking of lubing the actual handle mechanism.. however.. i dont want to mess it up. i will try and get it to a shop. i had been planning a tune before mid november anyway.. before s2s.. but i dont think ill be able to fit it in before fitz's
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

Chaderotti

Postby Chaderotti » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 pm

CommuRider wrote:And when I first joined, someone posted this

http://bicycletutor.com/

Absolutely fantastic videos... But you have to subscribe :(
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Schmenz wrote:Ok so I gave in. Had an hour to kill in north syd this afternoon so went to clarence. Again I am reminded about why I hate it's location! No parking anywhere. All loading zones. Gave in and used the qvb. Will make it a tax deduction :D

Still a pain in the .... Tho. But it's done, and I'll get the gear and learn to do it for next time :)

Physio then akuna bay to test it! :D

I am surprised you didn't take it to Cranks or Bike Bug in Nth Sydney. I can't rate Bike Bug, but the guys at Cranks are pretty good.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:05 am

queequeg wrote:
Schmenz wrote:Ok so I gave in. Had an hour to kill in north syd this afternoon so went to clarence. Again I am reminded about why I hate it's location! No parking anywhere. All loading zones. Gave in and used the qvb. Will make it a tax deduction :D

Still a pain in the .... Tho. But it's done, and I'll get the gear and learn to do it for next time :)

Physio then akuna bay to test it! :D

I am surprised you didn't take it to Cranks or Bike Bug in Nth Sydney. I can't rate Bike Bug, but the guys at Cranks are pretty good.

where is cranks? is that the one on the other side of the freeway? i always see a shop and go to stop there but when i remember its there its always too late and im zooming past in the wrong lane

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Schmenz wrote:
queequeg wrote:

where is cranks? is that the one on the other side of the freeway? i always see a shop and go to stop there but when i remember its there its always too late and im zooming past in the wrong lane

Yep, that's the one (Cranks)!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:01 pm

my chainset arrived!!!

would people rate blackmans workshop? clarence st is booked out all week

i also want to get a service done before Fitz while they change it.

edit: also thoughts on the bike barn?

nsr0772

Postby nsr0772 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:29 am

Yep blackmans are fine. Been around a long time and should know giants in and out. There's no shame in not being able to fix your bike, gives us guys a halfway decent pick up angle anyway :lol:

Like dad used to tell me 'If women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy..'

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 am

Bahahaha that's awesome.