Where to find Campagnolo tools in Perth?

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Where to find Campagnolo tools in Perth?

Postby lunar_c » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 am

I was shocked yesterday after ringing around trying to find someone with the tools to remove my Power Torque crank arms at the paucity of bike shops in Perth with workshops that even owned the basic Campagnolo tools. Geez.. you'd think Campagnolo just became available here when you go to have something done on a Campy-equipped bike, huh?

So I thought maybe we could all let others know who has what to make it easier in the future to get things done if we don't have all the tools ourselves.

Bike Force Ellenbrook - Mark is a Campy nut and even has the Campy 11 speed chain tool.
lunar_c

by BNA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 pm

BNA

Re: Where to find Campagnolo tools in Perth?

Postby petal665 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 pm

I am constantly surprised at the inadequate workshops in the majority of bike shops these days. Very few carry spokes of any kind, last year, there were only a handful of shops in Brisbane that could put a 1.5" bearing crown race on a set of 1.5-1.1/8th road forks with the correct tool. And as mentioned, try finding one with an 11 speed chain tool. I can't understand how a shop can sell 11 speed campy and not have the tool. Even I own one.
petal665

Postby ValleyForge » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 pm

petal665 wrote:I am constantly surprised at the inadequate workshops in the majority of bike shops these days. Very few carry spokes of any kind, last year, there were only a handful of shops in Brisbane that could put a 1.5" bearing crown race on a set of 1.5-1.1/8th road forks with the correct tool. And as mentioned, try finding one with an 11 speed chain tool. I can't understand how a shop can sell 11 speed campy and not have the tool. Even I own one.

Same here - I've got a big collection of Campy specific tools but certainly in Brisbane, those who ride Campagnolo don't tend to drop into any old LBS. So most shops won't make the investment. My LBS has a good number of spares, but I've got more Camy-specific tools than they have (and nearly as many Park Tools when my carbon ISP saw guide arrives next week 8) )
Ha ha! Cookies on dowels.
ValleyForge

Postby Thoglette » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:52 pm

lunar_c wrote:I was shocked yesterday after ringing around trying to find someone with the tools to remove my Power Torque crank arms at the paucity of bike shops in Perth with workshops that even owned the basic Campagnolo tools.

I'm presuming you rang Glenn Parker and Elite cycles? They would be (along with Mercer for weird old stuff) the first places I'd try for Campy
Thoglette

Postby lunar_c » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Yeah .. I've been told they have a lot of Campy stuff, they are more than a bit elitist though! Unless you ride a 10k Cervelo they didn't seem interested.
lunar_c

Postby TFairclough » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:38 am

Riders Choice leederville, not as elitist... Good value labour but parts can be pricey - sometimes requiring an order or two.

Speedlite cycles does I believe however they have to order parts in.
TFairclough

Postby insightt47 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:32 am

Elite Racing Cycles in Northbridge
insightt47

Postby Sith1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:42 am

Give Eddy Hollands a call ... he is mobile and you will not find a more down to earth guy
I am suprised about the ERC comments , Steve Harcourt is a very approachable man and sells bikes from $1500 & more than happy to help. Are you sure it wasn't preconcieved ideas ?
Sith1

Postby Dirty32 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 am

Im also told that Elite are the people to see about anything Campy.

I ride mass produced Shimano, on a mass produced Giant (and I still love it!), but nevertheless was not made to feel uncomfortable when visiting the guys at Elite.
Bought some Reynolds from them earlier this year and it was a good experience!
Dirty32

Postby lunar_c » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:30 pm

This is an old old wooden ship.. I mean an old post. Have since bought my own armada of campy tools.. And subsequently gone back to shimano!
lunar_c

Postby TFairclough » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Thought as much - found it doing a search and thought I might bump it up if anyone still needs it.
TFairclough

Postby Dirty32 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Sorry... I didnt realise. Must have looked at the last couple and thought it was a recent thread.
Dirty32

Return to The Shed