25mm tyres = comfort

toolonglegs

Re: 25mm tyres = comfort

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Yes I did try tubeless for cyclocross. It worked very well for training... I uses Michelin mud grippers which are not tubeless specific but sealed up fine.
But come race day they burped non stop, not on hits or descents but on all the off camber pinch climbs which really load up the tyres.
I did a lot of research on it and there are obviously many people who use tubeless successfully but it didn't work for me. I was going to build up some tubular wheels but as it stands the cx season starts for me next Saturday and I will be on heavy old tubed kysriums again :-) .
But for fire trial riding etc I would definitely run tubeless again... There are a few new cx tubeless tyres been released this year ( and manufactures are now making bigger sizes again as they realize most of us don't have to run within the 32mm width rule ).

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am

I think I'll go tubeless with the tubeless ready tires based on your experience, once I get my cyclocross bike, mid January I expect, sounds like its worthwhile as I mostly expect to be only training on them. First off I've got to use the Stans tubeless conversion kit that just arrived on the MTB tires.
No signature

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Just installed a Schwalbe Durano 25mm to replace my Vittoiria Rubino 23mm ( always thought it was a bit bigger than the average 23mm tyre), they are exactly the same size as far as I can tell.
No signature

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:40 pm

On a 15.8mm inner rim:

The 23 Rubino Pro at 103psi measures 24mm.

The 23 Durano at at 90psi measures 23.6mm.