Nickel and zinc plating

mark field

Nickel and zinc plating

Postby mark field » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I have recently decided to sell my vintage skateboard collection so i have been furiously brown vinegar-ing and ranex-ing parts that need re-plating such as the grommet washers and axle hangers for the chicago, bahne, sure grip, kalok, and some other brand 70's skatie parts. i have a lot of new old stock parts with some bits missing or badly oxidised and need to replace or refurbish. I know this is not bicycle related but im sure someone has had some experience with getting some bike parts plated in Nickel and/or Zinc. Im after someone in Sydney that can do it, ive got someone in Taren Point who does the chrome plating for me but wont do Zinc. Has anyone had stuff done in Sydney with good results??? cheers
steel is the real deal.

find_bruce

Re: Nickel and zinc plating

Postby find_bruce » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Artarmon Electroplating 61 Whiting Street, Artarmon

Haven't used them for bike parts but they did a good job for some parts for my little British car. Getting your parts done all at the same time will save you some money
Anything you can do, I can do slower

mark field

Postby mark field » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

thanks, ill look them up.
steel is the real deal.

r2160

Postby r2160 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 am

If you want to try this yourself

http://www.janekits.com.au/mainframe.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers
Glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong