Mad Fiber

neoppg
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Mad Fiber

Postby neoppg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Well my new 2013 Mad Fiber Wheelset just got delivered today. First ride tomorrow so will see how they perform. Not that it matters to much cause I love the look!

Image
Last edited by neoppg on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
greyhoundtom
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 am
Location: Wherever the sun is shining
Contact:

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby greyhoundtom » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Mmmm........Super Delicious.......... :D

User avatar
toolonglegs
Posts: 15451
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Yeah looks hot!... seriously nice looking bike.
Now, hot to fit the magnet for the speed sensor on the rear wheel :wink: .

usernameforme
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby usernameforme » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm

V. Nice Clinchers I assume?

Ozkaban
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Ozkaban » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Insane looking, but oh so cool!

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 4624
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Comedian » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Can't wait for the report back! :mrgreen:

NhiTrac
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby NhiTrac » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Apparently these have no weight limit eh? I bet if I sat my fat ass on them they'd snap :lol:

Please do report back!
FOCUS Cayo Expert

neoppg
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby neoppg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 pm

No weight limit apparently ..... And a 4year crash replacement warranty, whatever that means. They do come with a tiny wheel magnet that fits in nicely between the spokes but ill just run my garmin tomorrow without!

Baalzamon
Posts: 5122
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Yangebup

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm

No weight limit huh
I'm sure I'd crack them in no time.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810
Image

Nobody
Posts: 7707
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Nobody » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 am

I like the look of them, but as many around here know, I'm psychologically allergic to carbon and too frugal to spend that kind of money even if I wasn't. :oops:

Anyway, out of curiousity I went Googling for any evidence that Mad Fiber had spoke cracking problems, but didn't find any. They appear to be better built that the Mavic R-Sys anyway.
http://www.pardo.net/bike/pic/fail-001/FAIL-104.html
http://velonews.competitor.com/2009/06/ ... lure_93054

User avatar
toolonglegs
Posts: 15451
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 am

R-sys problems are long since past... I see a lot of them out and about.
Madfiber is all bonded... they have a pretty good name in the reliability stakes, I wouldn't say no :D .

Baalzamon
Posts: 5122
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Yangebup

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 am

toolonglegs wrote:R-sys problems are long since past... I see a lot of them out and about.
Madfiber is all bonded... they have a pretty good name in the reliability stakes, I wouldn't say no :D .


I'm sure you would be adding a lone front to you other wheels TLL
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810
Image

User avatar
toolonglegs
Posts: 15451
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 am

Nah... warranty :D . I could pop in to the factory for a new set once a week ( only 12 kms from home :D ).
Sorry neoppg... looking forward to ride report :D ... or even better, RACE REPORT.

User avatar
Le Velo
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Le Velo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Interested to follow the report as I have been contemplating getting a set for the TI bike .... Mmmmm ..... Drooling over the keyboard :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 4624
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Comedian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 am

REPORT REPORT REPORT REPORT!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:40 pm

This is how Mad Fibre wheels are made.
I like the style as well and love to hear the ride report as well.


neoppg
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby neoppg » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Sorry guys. Ride report will come soon. Have been crook and off the bike.

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am

Cycling Tips have a Mad Fibre review now up.

User avatar
rkelsen
Posts: 4402
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby rkelsen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am

They might be good wheels (and for the price, they'd want to be)... but I hope their sales reps don't spam everyone else on here...

Dr_Mutley
Posts: 2524
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Flagstaff Hill, Adelaide SA 5159
Contact:

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 pm

rkelsen wrote:They might be good wheels (and for the price, they'd want to be)... but I hope their sales reps don't spam everyone else on here...


ooeerrrr!

neoppg
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby neoppg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am

Been a while for my report because I have certainly had my issues with my Mad Fibers..... Before I tell of my experiences 2 others I know have purchased a set but one set have not been riden on yet due to injury. The other set have so far been fine.....

My problems so far.... 2 tyres completely blowing off the rim (1 x front & 1 x rear) and before all the experts put their 2 cents in, yes they were fitted correctly. As a matter of fact the front did approx 3 or so weeks fine and then blew 70km into a ride before Christmas. As per the instructions from Mad Fiber the tyres were fitted with "Talc" and pressure put in and then removed and then inflated again?????? Lots of fun if you get a flat on the road!!!

I have removed the wheels and refuse to take that kind of chance with myself or any one else riding with me. The last front blow out scared a lot of riders around me.

These wheels were bought from local agent and I asked for Mad Fiber to be notified?????? Been long enough now and still no answer ...??????

Just my opinion but not a real great way to hit the local market with your new clincher wheel ..... I waited so long for these new 2013 model clinchers and have never been that let down by a product to date..... Bought a set of Reynolds 66/46 that should arrive this week ..... Trying to work out how to explain this <language> to the "wife"

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 4624
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Comedian » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm

What type of tyre was it that blew off?

User avatar
biker jk
Posts: 4915
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby biker jk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 pm

neoppg wrote:Been a while for my report because I have certainly had my issues with my Mad Fibers..... Before I tell of my experiences 2 others I know have purchased a set but one set have not been riden on yet due to injury. The other set have so far been fine.....

My problems so far.... 2 tyres completely blowing off the rim (1 x front & 1 x rear) and before all the experts put their 2 cents in, yes they were fitted correctly. As a matter of fact the front did approx 3 or so weeks fine and then blew 70km into a ride before Christmas. As per the instructions from Mad Fiber the tyres were fitted with "Talc" and pressure put in and then removed and then inflated again?????? Lots of fun if you get a flat on the road!!!

I have removed the wheels and refuse to take that kind of chance with myself or any one else riding with me. The last front blow out scared a lot of riders around me.

These wheels were bought from local agent and I asked for Mad Fiber to be notified?????? Been long enough now and still no answer ...??????

Just my opinion but not a real great way to hit the local market with your new clincher wheel ..... I waited so long for these new 2013 model clinchers and have never been that let down by a product to date..... Bought a set of Reynolds 66/46 that should arrive this week ..... Trying to work out how to explain this F*** Up to the "wife"


Did the rim overheat due to braking on a descent?

Nobody
Posts: 7707
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Nobody » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Reads like they really are Mad Fiber at the moment.

Might be worth trying different brands of tyres and rim tape though.

neoppg
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby neoppg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Nobody wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Reads like they really are Mad Fiber at the moment.

Might be worth trying different brands of tyres and rim tape though.


Tried different tyres as advised by the distributor and they apparently don't require rim tape.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users