Mad Fiber

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:03 pm

I am still trying to work out what part of the body that is!... looks like a pretty tidy graft though. Mine was like that but these days looks pretty good ( 20 years later :lol: ).
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

by BNA » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:06 pm

BNA
 

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby sumgy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Left calf up near the knee.
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:08 pm

So is the graft behind the knee? .
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby sumgy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Just below the knee joint.
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm

This is for Mr 90125 who just sent me a rather nasty private message regarding my post earlier in this topic. I'm extremely sorry I replied - and my reply was not in any way intended to offend or upset. :( Please at least enable your PMs so I can reply back to you.
Last edited by g-boaf on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
g-boaf
 
Posts: 3806
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby sumgy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:06 pm

g-boaf wrote:This is for Mr 90125 who just me a rather nasty private message regarding my post earlier in this topic. I'm extremely sorry I replied - and my reply was not in any way intended to offend or upset. :(


g-boaf wrote:Ouch, that's terrible. I somehow missed that. :(

I think it's a lesson to only ride inexpensive bikes on the road, given the remarkable ability for motorists to crash into us.


??????
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:15 pm

sumgy wrote:
g-boaf wrote:This is for Mr 90125 who just sent me a rather nasty private message regarding my post earlier in this topic. I'm extremely sorry I replied - and my reply was not in any way intended to offend or upset. :(


g-boaf wrote:Ouch, that's terrible. I somehow missed that. :(

I think it's a lesson to only ride inexpensive bikes on the road, given the remarkable ability for motorists to crash into us.


??????


Sorry Sumgy - don't mean to drag your topic into a less civil manner.
g-boaf
 
Posts: 3806
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby sumgy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

g-boaf wrote:
sumgy wrote:
g-boaf wrote:This is for Mr 90125 who just sent me a rather nasty private message regarding my post earlier in this topic. I'm extremely sorry I replied - and my reply was not in any way intended to offend or upset. :(


g-boaf wrote:Ouch, that's terrible. I somehow missed that. :(

I think it's a lesson to only ride inexpensive bikes on the road, given the remarkable ability for motorists to crash into us.


??????


Sorry Sumgy - don't mean to drag your topic into a less civil manner.


Mate, if that is what 90125 is on about then he is more worried about it than me.
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:09 am

Just in, Mad Fiber files for bankruptcy.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby trailgumby » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 am

Chapter 7 or Chapter 11? There's a difference. One allows you protection from creditors so you can restructure finances and potentially trade out of trouble. The other is like what we have here.

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:17 pm

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby trailgumby » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Ok, that's liquidation not protection. A shame. :(

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:00 pm

They seem to have a fair bit of stock, not sure if it means that means we will spot you commuting with a set of mad fibers.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Mad Fiber

Postby Xplora » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Scary inventory list... 100K isn't a lot of wheelsets, or its so much CF sheeting they should give Boeing a call :(
Xplora
 
Posts: 5553
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: TL;DR

Previous

Return to The Shed

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter