Recommendation/ quote for some odd jobs

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Recommendation/ quote for some odd jobs

Postby Davey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi I have a frame I bought ages ago and I've been wanting to put it together but haven't had the time/experience.

It's a carbon road frame/fork with ISP and I need the seatpost and fork cut on this bike (and another fork cut on another bike) plus gear tuning on both bikes.

I've yet to assemble the isp frame but I'm confident I can get it done most of the way as I have put together otehr bikes, the gears just get me in the end as I can't get them tuned right.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what it would cost them to cut an ISP seat post, two steerer tubes and tune two bikes gears?

Also I have NFI on how long I should cut the seatpost which is why I held off on it so long as I'm scared if I cut it too short it will be a throw away and if I don't cut it short enough I'll have to cut it again.

I've got ultegra/dura ace mix kits on both bikes and I'm on the gold coast if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance if you have any information and for reading.
Davey

by BNA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm

BNA

Re: Recommendation/ quote for some odd jobs

Postby drubie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm

If you can't get that done for $200 go elsewhere. Somebody trustworthy though (ask your cycling buddies who does their work). There's nothing particularly technical about what you want to do (cutting steerers is pretty easy really, nerve wracking sometimes but easy). Best find someone who knows what their doing with the seat post though.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
drubie

Return to The Shed