Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
So I bought bb30 S975 power meter thinking it would go on my 2012 cervelo R3, Bbright.
I took it to the bike shop to have it installed, they ring up to tell me it is not compatable with the Bbright, the spider arms hit the bottom bracket.
The shop has suggested that I need to get the gxp crank as it is longer, then put an adapter kit on.
I have searched through alot of info on the net and it is doing my head in! I have sent quarq an email and am waiting to hear back.
So has anyone done one using the s975 with bb30 or do I just sell it and get the gxp model.
Thanks in advance
Your LBS are talking out their ass... Don't use a GXP with adaptor on the BBright cervelo as the creaking etc will do your head in...
I run a bb30 quarq (same as yours) on my S5 2012 cervelo.
To install follow these steps...
1) remove standard BBright crank
2) remove the preload adjustment assembly off the non-drive side crank are of the quarq (this is what the LBS is saying is hitting the BB shell)
3) install with the 11mm collar on the driveside, and wavy washer on the nondriveside (NDS)
4) torque to spec and check for lateral crank play... Check compression of wavy washer. If there is any lateral play, or wavy washer is not 50% compressed, then disassemble, and add a 1mm spacer to the NDS
5) retorque and check again as above
6) repeat steps above adding spacers to the NFS until u have eliminated lateral play, and have the wavy washer suitable compressed. If this is done properly, your quarq should soon freely...
PS: don't forget to install the quarq cadence magnet on the BB shell on the drive side
Video showing how to remove the preload adjuster on the quarq 975 NDS crank arm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6ooOrV ... ata_player
These posts will also help:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gfo ... st=3992861
http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/p/7858 ... aspx#55080
Thank you Dr Mutley for the info and you were 100% correct in your description on how to install the PM.
Out of curiosity i contacted quarq and they got back to me with a PDF doc of how to install it as well.
I don't know what the go is with my LBS mechanic but i would of assumed that they should know this stuff!
I did it myself this week, so thanks again
Unless your LBS is top shelf, they don't know this stuff, ESP when it comes to BBright. Alot of cervelo dealers also aren't that aware of the nuances with installing these BBs. If u have any problems with it just ask on here or the cervelo forums, as u will get much more accurate info than than from your LBS (probably)
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: MattP69