- Posts: 46
- Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:21 am
- Location: Sydney
but im pretty new to biking so please go easy..
My problem is my Jamis Ranger 3.0 is missing 1st and 2nd gear on the rear. I have already taken it for its first service. but the problem remains.
if anyone know what the problem is and can take me thu the step of fixing it???
And also my front disk brake when braking makes it werid sound (squicking tat tat )..like the disc is not true and have a slight wooble
- Super Mod
- Posts: 9632
- Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
- Location: Success, WA
If they don't fix it, tell us the name of the LBS.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:23 pm
- Location: Sydney Hills District
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:43 pm
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
If you get no joy there, there are Instructions here
Disc brakes, can make a rumbling noise as the surface of the disc rubs between the calliper. In any case:
- check there is not contamination or cracks, marks etc on the surface of the rotor.
- Check the calliper is firmly attached to the bike and isn't at all loose.
- Check you have a thin amount of daylight either side of the rotor when the brake is off.
- Check the rotor is firmly attached to the wheel, not at all loose.
If you spin the wheel and look at the rotor edge on, you should be able to see any bend or wobble in it.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: fergy1987
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.