sram Red tools

toolonglegs

sram Red tools

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 am

What do I need that I wouldn't for Shimano... any special tools ( or tool tricks? ). All the bikes will be Cannondale Evo's, pretty sure all with BB30. I know one will be Shimano.
Hopefully I won't have to change cranks at any stage... mainly just swapping cassettes and replace tubulars.
Also the best youtube videos anyone has found for adjusting / servicing.
I have worked on a few Sram equipped bikes but not a lot. Not too worried as long as I am prepared ... as long as everyone stays upright and the weather is nice :D .
There will be no shops around for 90% of the time so need to pack everything with me.

ball bearing

Re: sram Red tools

Postby ball bearing » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am

toolonglegs wrote:What do I need that I wouldn't for Shimano... any special tools ( or tool tricks? ). All the bikes will be Cannondale Evo's, pretty sure all with BB30. I know one will be Shimano.
Hopefully I won't have to change cranks at any stage...
Changing BB30 cranks is really easy. Removing the bearings and pressing them in needs a special tool. Here is what I use:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOCUSTEK-24- ... 3f0e376a0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Cheers, I will get someone to bring a bb tool ( don't really want to buy one! ) ... Glad it is all easy :) .

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Cheers, I will get someone to bring a bb tool ( don't really want to buy one! ) ... Glad it is all easy :) .
All you need to remove the cranks is a 10mm Allen key.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 pm

ball bearing wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Cheers, I will get someone to bring a bb tool ( don't really want to buy one! ) ... Glad it is all easy :) .
All you need to remove the cranks is a 10mm Allen key.
Now that you don't need with Shimano...anywhere!. Just making a list of things I need to take. Thanks.