sram red release leaver bearings

philip

sram red release leaver bearings

Postby philip » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

The little lever on my front brake that widens it up has stopped working - when I try to move it the whole thing moves, I can hold part of it with one hand and turn the other part with the other but even that doesn't work very well. I opened up that part using an allen key, you can see the part I mean in this image:

When I opened it up one quite small bearing fell out, it looks like there's spaces for a few more but they were missing (disintegrated over time?).

I'm assuming that's what's stopping it working properly. Does anyone know where I can buy those? I'm not sure if they're a standard thing or if they're sram specific, I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: sram red release leaver bearings

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Take the one that fell out to the LBS and ask. Failing that, there's got to be an engineering supplies place fairly close to you...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jackthelad

Re: sram red release leaver bearings

Postby jackthelad » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

Download the Sram Tech Doc PDF , for parts breakdown
then try Petra Cycles, you can either copy and paste Part ID number into the shop search
or send a pic of the broken Part with it opened up and what year the part was

John
SantaCruz HighTower LT
SantaCruz Blur XC Carbon
Kona Kula Supreme(Retired/Spare)
Surly Karate Monkey
Ribble Rd Bike