Not really a bike problem!

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Not really a bike problem!

Postby celeste boy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Well it is sort of. I was given a Sony HDR-AS15 movie camera, one that fits on your helmet for Christmas. Unfortunately I'm not a geek and the children have moved out.
I can take the movie, download it to the computer, even view it on the TV through a thumb drive connection.
But what I can't work out is, having the video on the computer, how do I share this with others. I'm offered a connection to Facebook (not interested) and Utube. Surely there must be another way to share these downloaded videos! Why can't they be downloaded to a thumbdrive? There is an option to save onto a DVD, perhaps that is the only option?

Don't be too hard on me. I got the battery charged and placed in the correct way. The camera worked better with the memory disc in the correct way though!

cheers,

CB
celeste boy

by BNA » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:59 pm

BNA

Re: Not really a bike problem!

Postby cowled » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:59 pm

celeste boy wrote:Well it is sort of. I was given a Sony HDR-AS15 movie camera, one that fits on your helmet for Christmas. Unfortunately I'm not a geek and the children have moved out.
I can take the movie, download it to the computer, even view it on the TV through a thumb drive connection.
But what I can't work out is, having the video on the computer, how do I share this with others. I'm offered a connection to Facebook (not interested) and Utube. Surely there must be another way to share these downloaded videos! Why can't they be downloaded to a thumbdrive? There is an option to save onto a DVD, perhaps that is the only option?

Don't be too hard on me. I got the battery charged and placed in the correct way. The camera worked better with the memory disc in the correct way though!

cheers,

CB

The easiest way to share the video is to upload to YouTube and change the option from Public to Locked. Then you can copy and paste the link into an email. Alternatively, you should be able to plug the camera into your PC and use windows explorer to find the file and copy it to a flash drive.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
cowled

Postby mitzikatzi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 pm

More of a question. Could you "drop box" it to share with others?
Xplora wrote: Do not get cheap SPDs, your body will hurt you.

trailgumby wrote:29ers are awesome.
mitzikatzi

Postby il padrone » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 pm

If you download the video to your computer it must be as some type of video file. This should be able to be located in your video or download folder, copied and pasted to your USB memory stick, and then used, viewed or transfered as you like. You will need enough memory space on your memory stick of course.

Just did this with one of my videos, a VLC media file, and it worked fine.
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Postby outnabike » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi celeste boy,
I f you have a photobucket account and can post pics you can do the same with video. But keep them short and expect them to be heavily degraded by the program, more so than U tube.
Be patient as it may take 10 min for photobucket to work its tricks.
I have done it and have the same camera.
outnabike

Postby celeste boy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 am

Thank you for that info. Will try some of those options today.

CB
celeste boy

Return to The Shed