Fulkrum Valve removal

SpinninWheels

Fulkrum Valve removal

Postby SpinninWheels » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi all,

I have just purchased a set of Fulkrum 2 way fit wheel, and in the first instance want to use them with tubes and clincher tyres.

I am having a hell of a time removing the tubeless valve that is factory fitted so i can use a tube. I have removed the retaining ring that screws down the valve stem to the rim and from here the instructions suggest it should simply push out of the rim, bit it doesn't want to budge.

Any suggestions to get them out?

SW

Duck!
Expert

Re: Fulkrum Valve removal

Postby Duck! » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:08 pm

There would have been a rubber O-ring under the nut. Remove that as well, otherwise it will jam in the rim hole as you try to push the valve out. Tubeless valves need to be an airtight fit, so they are very tightly fitting. You just need to push harder to pop it out.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 pm

depending on the rim there may be an o-ring as ducky suggested, not always though if they have a sealed rim.

the valve can get wedged in with rim tape/the rubber that seals it to the rim. put a valve cap on and push against it so as not to puncture your hand!

SpinninWheels

Postby SpinninWheels » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:39 am

Thanks for the tips guys. Git it out with a gentle tap with a hammer. As suggested it was just a very tight fit.