CAAD12 headset

Jojo0831

Re: CAAD12 headset

Postby Jojo0831 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks Tomee. I will try to do the same tomorrow. Hope it will solve the problem.

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:52 pm

tomee wrote: I replaced it with a beefier Deda one.

A Deda headset like this was the first threadless I'd encountered. I thought it was good but certainly didn't inspire me with confidence.

Until I saw the tiny little ones other manufacturers were peddling! The Deda one is hugely over-engineered (which is why I love them).
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

Jojo0831

Postby Jojo0831 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:12 am

I was not able to find a deda expander here in the philippines. Just get back to my LBS to check the tick noise on headset. The entire headset and fork was replaced with new one of same type but still have the problem..LBS is now thinking it's the Frame but this will take months to replace. I am still relying on the Deda expander.

Is it caad12 frame problem already? Any remedy aside from replacing the frame?

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Hmmm. Just finished building up one of these frames and have the same problem. Apply too much pressure to the top cap to get rid of the movement which works as per normal but then front wheel steering barely turns. Mine never came with the metal spacers either, i reckon this is the problem. Tried a different dust cover and the same thing. See what i can find to sort it out, the bearings outer defintely look a bit too small, can move it side to side in the frame.

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Ok so seems you cant use any different headset dust cover other than the massive tange seiki branded one unless they sell a shorter version, or replace the whole assembly with something else. The underside has some different angles manufactured into which my others dont have. Using a spacer above the stem and its ok, see how it is after a few rides. Will be getting a new headset later because this much stack is not why i bought a cannondale, more the exact opposite.