Azzurri Uno hanger

Sailor Dave

Azzurri Uno hanger

Postby Sailor Dave » Wed May 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi All. I have an Azzurri Uno road bike, and recently broke the rear hanger. My local bike shop tried to source a replacement, but with no success. Anyone have any ideas about finding one, or a compatible hanger from another bike?

Cheers David.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Azzurri Uno hanger

Postby AUbicycles » Wed May 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi, usually I suggest the online shop like derailleurhanger.com who have a comprehensive range. They don't have Azzurri however. A UK store will try and identify if you send in good photos: derailleurhangerstore.co.uk

These bikes are generally through the Taiwanese based online shop Cycling Express. There is (or was?) a retail store of the same name in Bayswater, Victoria who are connected/associated but they have a very strict split - so if you are local you could try... otherwise it is probably not very time efficient.

Online they have few hangers, not sure if any are the same as the one you need: http://www.cyclingexpress.com/?lang=en& ... t&k=hanger

If you get stuck, the retailer is connected with Legend Cycling who may then be your best point of contact: http://legendcycling.com/contact.html

You may need patience and persistence but I should add that some derailleurs are compatible with different brands and it is a matter of identifying the exact derailleur you need.
Cycling is in my BNA

markpa

Postby markpa » Sun May 07, 2017 10:47 pm

https://pilo.co.il/derailleur-hangers.html

It might be a matter of working your way through the options.

I replaced hanger for my Bottecchia which is not listed on the site but the hanger certainly fits.

Once you know that part number you can probably find it on Wiggle or c r c, which turned out to be cheaper than buying from them direct.

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Mon May 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Ask Azzurri themselves...http://www.azzurribikes.com/index.html#ContactUs

If I was a betting person then I'd say it'll be the Azzurri hanger marked R3 on the Cycling Express site.
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

GregS2

Postby GregS2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Any luck sourcing the hanger yet? I'm in the same predicament! #385 looks very close, but my bike shop thinks it's slightly different, and thinks it's a risk for me to order it: https://derailleurhanger.com/product/de ... anger-385/
Cycling Express (where I originally bought the bike, back in 2012) haven't replied to my email yet. My bike shop is going to email Azzurri directly.

GregS2

Postby GregS2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 pm

I've placed an order for #385 - will report back.

GregS2

Postby GregS2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:47 am

#385 *IS* the right one - my bike lives! :)

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:35 pm

GregS2 wrote:#385 *IS* the right one - my bike lives! :)
Order a few more and keep them as spares :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:43 pm

queequeg wrote:
QFT!

This is what I am going to do for my Merida CX4.

I *think* that this and this hanger are the same, and they look like they are a match to my bike.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

GregS2

Postby GregS2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:35 pm

queequeg wrote:
I'm trying something else - the reason the hanger broke is because I fell over, and the reason I fell over is because I couldn't un-clip in time, from my *vicious* PD-A520 pedals. Multi-release cleats have made it easy enough to un-clip. (but just barely). I'm confused as to why it is still easier to unclip from my M424 pedals, even when using standard cleats. They might both be SPD, but boy are they different! I am using the loosest tension for both pedals.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 pm

GregS2 wrote:
queequeg wrote:
I'm trying something else - the reason the hanger broke is because I fell over, and the reason I fell over is because I couldn't un-clip in time, from my *vicious* PD-A520 pedals. Multi-release cleats have made it easy enough to un-clip. (but just barely). I'm confused as to why it is still easier to unclip from my M424 pedals, even when using standard cleats. They might both be SPD, but boy are they different! I am using the loosest tension for both pedals.
I have both sets of those pedals, and I never had any differences between the two different types.

For commuting though, I switched the the double sided M520 & M540, Which doesn’t have the SPD-R style cage around the pedal.

I use only the standard single release cleats. I have never had an issue.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

GregS2

Postby GregS2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 am

Interesting. I've tried two sets of shoes with the same cleats, one of them being Shimano and presumably guaranteed to be SPD compatible - same result with both. In any case, the multi-release cleats have loosened a bit after riding, and it is now about as easy to unclip from the A520s as it is using single-release cleats with the M424, so I'm happy. Maybe there is some manufacturing tolerance involved, and I have unusually firm A520 pedals. (they've been the same since I got them, btw)

Oh - getting back on topic - Cycling Express finally replied. They expect stock of the hangers in May. :D Thank goodness for Google.