Fork Respray Victoria

mogwaiboi

Fork Respray Victoria

Postby mogwaiboi » Thu May 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can recommend a company in Victoria where I would be able to get my fork resprayed? My first choice would probably be Paint My Bike but ideally looking for local options. It's a white 2012 Cervelo R3 that had an issue with the clear coat on the fork turning yellow over time (others reported the same issue). I tried some DIY on it at one stage and happened to make it worse :oops: I should have taken it back to the shop when I first noticed it, but live and learn I guess....
In search of up - Hells 500

P!N20

Re: Fork Respray Victoria

Postby P!N20 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Sun Graphics in Sylvan: http://www.sungraphics.com.au

Steve's work is top notch.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Sun May 14, 2017 9:45 am

P!N20 wrote:Sun Graphics in Sylvan: http://www.sungraphics.com.au

Steve's work is top notch.

Thanks P!N20, funny you should mention Steve as I asked Dan (AT) Shifter Bikes on Friday who he would recommend, and he said the same :D I'll definitely pay him a visit.

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:40 am

Sorry to post in a stale thread, but would be interested in hearing how you went with Sun Graphics. I've been referred to him by 2 unrelated parties...
mmm, BioPace

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 pm

You're probably not asking me, but I got my steel road frame stripped, chromed, painted, decal'd and clear coated by Steve about 18 months back.

Steve is pretty casual, the quote just came over e-mail and wasn't itemised. I asked about adding this or subtracting that, but the price didn't change!

The quality of the finish is top notch, I really can't fault it. My only minor disappointment is we didn't quite nail the colour I was after. If we were a bit closer geographically I probably would have got Steve to do some samples so we could have fine tuned it, but due to time and kids, I kind of had to describe it the best I could and hope for the best.

I did draw up some diagrams of where every decal had to go and every pantograph and pin stripe that needed to be done - Steve used Cyclomondo decals, but they weren't all from a single set, so I wanted to make sure the right decal was in the right place.

I actually looked into handling the chroming myself and it would have been and expensive and labour intensive process, so I'm glad I got Steve to do it all and given that, the price was pretty reasonable, I thought.

TL;DR - Quality finish, make sure Steve knows exactly what you want.

Anyway, here it is the day after it was finished.

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Tks, have heard he does good work. I'm trying to decide whether to do the Cyclomondo decals myself while freshening up paint, or just give it to someone to do.
mmm, BioPace

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 am

I still haven't taken my bike to Steve as yet due to lack of funds, but hopefully will in the next few weeks! Thanks for the feedback PIN20.

Another possible option would be Road Runner in Boronia, as I have heard they are quite good as well.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Just thought I'd follow up on this thread as I got the fork done by Steve (AT) Sun Graphics. He did an excellent job for the original quote, which was quite reasonable. He had the bike for around 10 days or so. All in all I was super happy with how it turned out!

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:19 pm

^ Good result.