Replacement pump for parts washer

twowheels

Replacement pump for parts washer

Postby twowheels » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 pm

G'day, just ended the life of the second one of these I've had https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/A370 they are rebranded all over the place. Pumps keep going on them. The replacement pumps are not cost effective https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/PE0030 but I prefer to be able to reduce the waste and have a reliable pump. I use kerosene as my cleaning fluid, pump specs/details are Pump Liquid Filter, AC 230v 50 Hz 26w, Hmax: 1.8m Qmax: 1000L/h IPx8
Can anyone suggest a cost effective alternative replacement pump for these parts washers? BTW all the parts washers from H&F use the same pump.
thanks

Ross

Re: Replacement pump for parts washer

Postby Ross » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Looks like the pump I have in my fishpond...
Is the kero re-cycled through the washer? What sort of filter does it have? The fishpond filter just has a chunk of sponge/foam inside it but gets clogged easily and needs cleaning very regularly.

Maybe do a Google search for "parts washer pumps" to see some alternate ones that might do the job. Yours looks quite errr... light duty, you may need to spend some more money to buy one that is better quality. Also check with supplier if pump is suitable to use with kero, some aren't.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Yes. Screen. Interesting. I have. That is why I posted. Kero is one of the recommended fluids.

boyracer

Postby boyracer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 pm

windscreen washer motor?
mine has been going for years with one. i have a gauze filter and an old sock for filtration.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm

boyracer wrote:windscreen washer motor?
mine has been going for years with one. i have a gauze filter and an old sock for filtration.
I've been thinking along these lines (no pun), that would be an inline pump? With a 240vac to 12vdc transformer? A homemade parts washer?
I've been thinking of a submersible fuel pump option.

Nate

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Be VERY careful here... we're dealing with flammable fluids.

Ideally you're after a "fluid transfer pump" which can work with fuel.
Maybe even a 12v model from a boat place would suit.

choose a 100% duty cycle perhaps, or be very careful around duty times for longevity.

Do a search for fluid transfer pumps, marine stores sell them, the usual suspects on ebay too.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Nate wrote:Be VERY careful here... we're dealing with flammable fluids.

Ideally you're after a "fluid transfer pump" which can work with fuel.
Maybe even a 12v model from a boat place would suit.

choose a 100% duty cycle perhaps, or be very careful around duty times for longevity.

Do a search for fluid transfer pumps, marine stores sell them, the usual suspects on ebay too.
Thanks. Been doing a bit of googling. Quite a bit of info suggesting the filtering of the fluid not up to par with the "Chinese" models which are often rebranded. Auto industry parts washers from $1000 plus tend to have extensive filtering. Some info online about filtering via external oil filter. Will look further into this and your suggestions.