Repair Stand - Through Axle Compatibility

Aushiker

Repair Stand - Through Axle Compatibility

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Watching Shane's video from the Tour Down Under has got me thinking about a more suitable repair stand.

My current repair stand is a Feedback Pro-Elite work stand which is a great stand however with a fatbike in the fleet which is setup for bikepacking [framebag is in place for example] and my preference for top-tube bags that hang under the top tubes on the other bikes this type of stand is not so user friendly. Hence I am thinking something along the lines of the Tacx Spider that was being used on the video.

However the likes of the Tacx seem to be designed for quick release front forks only ... two of my bikes are now through axles.

Does anyone have suggestions on repair stands that can be adapted for through axles or a work around? I am aware of the Feedback Sprint but wondered if there was other options that are maybe lower priced?

10speedsemiracer

Re: Repair Stand - Through Axle Compatibility

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:01 pm

don't Park Tool sell a through-axle adapter kit for their stands....ooops, saw the words lower-priced and here I am talking about Park Tool.

Sorry.

https://www.pushys.com.au/park-tool-prs ... stand.html

Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Sorry, the adapters are only needed for the truing stands, the above takes thru-axles (apparently).
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:don't Park Tool sell a through-axle adapter kit for their stands....ooops, saw the words lower-priced and here I am talking about Park Tool.
Saw them and they do look nice but pretty pricey ... might try and find a cheaper source. Thanks.