Tioga floor pump repair/spares

DesmondCycles

Tioga floor pump repair/spares

Postby DesmondCycles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:27 pm

The o-ring inside my Tioga floor pump is all stretched and when I pump there is no pressure along with a *thrk-rhk-rrruuhhk-thwkr* noise. I've looked up how to service a floor pump and I think I only need a new O-ring but I couldn't find a suitable one at bunnings or autobarn so just wondering where people get correct sized o-rings for these pumps?

I've seen some o-ring spare kits for other pump brands but unsure if they'll be the right size and I can't find anything specific for a Tioga brand.

I'm going to try Repco and Sprints tomorrow but don't want to drive all over the state just to find the right little piece of rubber.

Ta.

Duck!
Expert

Re: Tioga floor pump repair/spares

Postby Duck! » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 pm

Topeak do a very comprehensive service kit for their pumps, and many of the bits will fit other pumps too, so could be a solution for your Tioga. You might need to do a bit of hunting around, but any self-respecting bike shop who stocks Topeak should have a spares kit. Also, apply some grease to the new o-ring, and to get you out of the immediate pinch, do the same to the current one, you might get a little bit more life out of it.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

BJL

Re: Tioga floor pump repair/spares

Postby BJL » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:05 pm

^^

+1 on duck's comments.

I have a Fluid (Anaconda) floor pump and my LBS was able to replace the rubber piece in the pump head from their box of Topeak spares. It's exactly the same part. Only cost me a couple of dollars. :)

Edit - I should add that mine wasn't just a simple O-ring. It was quite a thick piece of rubber with a rebate in it as another piece further in the pump can be reversed for Presta/Schrader.

There's no harm in asking and you might get lucky.