2016 Giant TCR ISP clamp help

jamie_w

2016 Giant TCR ISP clamp help

Postby jamie_w » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a second hand 2016 TCR SL after my previous TCR was trashed in an accident.

The new frame seat post is a bit short for me, but i've been riding it with no problems. I had a fit done and it needs to come up a bit, problem is a seat clamp is now too short and it needs more post inside of the clamp to be safe.

Im chasing either a longer seat clamp (mine is 60mm) or does anyone know if I could add 30mm to the exisitng one with a bit of metal fab. Any leads will be greatly appreciated. I cant be the only one :oops: :oops:

Thanks heaps

Duck!
Expert

Re: 2016 Giant TCR ISP clamp help

Postby Duck! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Are there any spacers under the clamp head? There is 20mm play room with spacers. If you've already maxed it out & still need more, you havea problem. Giant haven't offered a longer clamp head for some years.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

jamie_w

Postby jamie_w » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:42 pm

Yeah, thanks. I have already maxed out the spacers. I was hoping someone out therer ight have seen an after market one, or a lead anywhere.

My other solution is to go and see a Metal Fabricator and see if they can extend the clamp.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 pm

Other option would be a carbon expert to knock up a seat tube extension.....
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:44 am

jamie_w wrote:Hi everyone,

I recently bought a second hand 2016 TCR SL after my previous TCR was trashed in an accident.

The new frame seat post is a bit short for me, but i've been riding it with no problems. I had a fit done and it needs to come up a bit, problem is a seat clamp is now too short and it needs more post inside of the clamp to be safe.

Im chasing either a longer seat clamp (mine is 60mm) or does anyone know if I could add 30mm to the exisitng one with a bit of metal fab. Any leads will be greatly appreciated. I cant be the only one :oops: :oops:

Thanks heaps
Your only hope is to contact Giant retailers and see if any of them have the longer clamp - I cannot remember what length it was and if yours is already that one.

Otherwise see if a carbon expert will extend the seat post - some of them will be reluctant.