Track bike choices??

sumgy

Track bike choices??

Postby sumgy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi all.
Looking for some help with buying a Track bike.
Went bike “shopping” today.
Have set my price for a track bike at between $1k and $1.5k.
Just using track as another method of training and probably wont race too much (not that there is much track racing happening up here in QLD from what I have seen).

I have found:
Giant Omnium at approx $1.3k. Aluminium frame, carbon fork, DT Swiss wheels, Truvativ Omnium crank.
Avanti Pista Pro at about the same price. Aluminium frame, carbon fork, Mavic wheels, Truvativ Omnium crank
Malvern Star Oppy T at $899. Aluminium frame, carbon fork, Alex DA28 rims to Novatec hubs, Sugino Messenger crank

Giant comes in a 58cm while the other 2 only go to a 57cm.
I usually ride a 58cm road bike.
Any other suggestions in that price range?

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Track bike choices??

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:16 am

You could try a Pro-lite Trentino. I ride one and like it and since they are club sponsors many of my club mates ride one as well. Excellent bang for the buck. Of those you mentioned, the Giant is a sweet bike. That would be my next choice after the pro-lite.

David

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:36 pm

I would say at the price your willing to spend you should look into the Fuji Track Pro or a later model of the Track Pro like the Track 2.0 or 1.0. I hear they are excellent and they look really good too. Also have a look at the Felt range. Have a google around and see what you can find.

Isaac.

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:You could try a Pro-lite Trentino. I ride one and like it and since they are club sponsors many of my club mates ride one as well. Excellent bang for the buck. Of those you mentioned, the Giant is a sweet bike. That would be my next choice after the pro-lite.

David
Hey David,

We can swap your componenst onto one of these when you're ready for an upgrade :-)

http://www.pro-liteoz.com/store/index.p ... oductId=60

Deon.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Decision made.
Pick up the Giant Omnium tomorrow.
Ended up picking it up for $1299 which was cheaper than the Pista Pro but more expensive than the Malvern Star.
Just seemed better bang for buck than the others.

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Good luck with it sumgy. Looks like a good choice. I had a look at one before I found my bargin.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.