Track Race Report Thread

foo on patrol

Re: Track Race Report Thread

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Good stuff mate! :D What Club did you join?

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:16 am

Cannondale Supersix Evo
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite
http://drpcoaching.blogspot.com.au

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:02 am

I was camped directly opposite you Dean. Congratulations on your excellent results.
The guys I usually work with in the Team Pursuit only decided to do it the week before and none of the 4 were fully fit. We have won Nationals 3 times previously and they were smooth as they always are but the speed wasn't there and we could only manage a bronze. Any team with Andrew Patten in it is always going to be hard to beat and 3:21 is quick. I think the record is 3:19 I will have a look when I get home today. But yeah 3:21 on a slow day is motoring.
I got caught out in the pursuit too with the slow track, the lady I coach was up against world pursuit record holder and world hour record holder Bridie O'Donnell so we took a bit of a risk and rode a gear .8 of an inch bigger than she usually does. She won the State Title but had a massive fail at the Nationals, didn't even qualify. Anyway, you live and learn.
My ladies TP team managed silver in the All-Age which was a good result considering 3 of them don't really ride track and the 4th is only new at it too. They rode slow in the qualifying and I told them to go out in the final and give it 100%, which they did but blew to bits on lap 5. But silver for 4 girls from the same NSW club was good. The winners all have Australian and World Titles to their names so it was no disgrace.
My brother won his points race which was a big highlight for me.
All in all it was great racing although I was super busy looking after my ladies and changing wheels etc. 2 of them fell off the rollers and one broke 2 fingers when she grabbed a bike rack to get off the rollers and the whole thing crashed down on top of her.
Anyway congrats to you and the Queensland team.

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Cheers Derny. The track was running a little faster in the afternoons but it was definitely a surprise for me overall. I went there intending to put my gear up for the IP, but did the warm up and said 'nope'.
Cannondale Supersix Evo
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 pm

According to my records the official best time for All-Age TP was set by Mark Jewel, Scott Butler, David Stevens, Gavin White 3:20.465 in 2012 Nationals in Sydney .... so yes you were less than a second off it.

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Cheers for that. Andy Patten had the same info you did.
Cannondale Supersix Evo
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Cannondale Supersix Evo
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Would like to get fit enough to have a crack at these but sadly, I can't see that happening in the near future. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Return to “Track”