Fuji Track 1.1 vs Avanti Pista Pro

Where speeds may exceed 60 kmph

Fuji Track 1.1 vs Avanti Pista Pro

Postby Puffy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:43 am

Hi Guys,
You probably all hate these kinds of threads but I hope someone could offer a constructive opinion.

I am trying to decide between an Avanti Pista Pro and the Fuji Track 1.1

The Avanti is better looking, but the Fuji appears to be more aero going by tube shapes.
Mavic wheels on the Avanti, Oval on the Fuji. I haven't heard of oval before...

Otherwise they look the same. Any help chooseing (beyond price) would be appreciated.

http://australia.fujibikes.com/bike/details/track-11-intl
http://avantibikes.com/au/bikes/track-tt-tri/track/pista-pro/
Puffy

by BNA » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 pm

BNA

Re: Fuji Track 1.1 vs Avanti Pista Pro

Postby brawlo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 pm

If you are especially concerned about how aero either frame is, and you are looking at competing in timed events, I would suggest that you would be upgrading to some other more aero frame in the future when you have more money available.

For now between the two, there is not much difference. The Avanti is 7000 series aluminium while the Fuji is 6000 series. I have read that 6000 builds a stronger frame which may be better if you lean towards sprint style events. The Avanti has better wheels in the Mavics, and they are wheels that are raced on at high levels and many top level riders use them in training. The Avanti also has a standard seatpost, thus giving you more options there for change or replacement if something happens to break. The fork on the Fuji is full carbon while the steerer post on the Avanti is CroMo. The Avanti's steering will be solid and the Fuji's would depend on the thickness of the steerer tube. Having said that, there's a fair few around now.

Also consider the Felt TK2 unless for some reason you have eliminated it. It should be around the same price and I threw the comparison between it and the Fuji at some US guys on behalf of a friend and the Felt was the clear winner to them, but he is a bigger and strong rider.
brawlo

Postby Puffy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I can only get the Felt TK3, which appears to be lower spec than the other two.

No, not concerned with the aero abilities of either, just highlighting a difference between then. The track is/will be something I do in my offseason so I'm just after a fairly decent all rounder. Track season around here is a low key, poorly attended event and they run a bunch of differing race styles throughout the year. I am not a "big stong sprinter" type, I'm more of a climber looking to improve his sprinting in the offseason.

The avanti is $350 cheaper than the felt, and going by your comments which seem to lean me toward the Avanti, it looks the better option.
Puffy

Postby brawlo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:46 pm

In the discussion I eluded to, I queried about the TK3. In the position that I am in now, having more experience, it is the one that I would go for. It is the exact same frame as the TK2, just with lesser components and a 3/32 drivetrain. Looking at the cost difference between the TK2 & 3 I could build up/upgrade a TK3 to be a better bike than the TK2 for less money than a new TK2 purchase. It takes a bit of stuffing around, but it's what I'd do NOW. If I was beginning, I'd probably lean towards the better package which might be the Avanti in this case.
brawlo

Return to Track