2015 Madison Champs tickets

Gunlock

2015 Madison Champs tickets

Postby Gunlock » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I've got 3 unused tickets for tomorrow's Madison Championships at Hisense Arena tomorrow night. Seats are U-135 to U-137.

Friend of mine gave them to me so i'm not looking to make anything back from them but if anyone who wanted them could make a donation to my ride to Adelaide to raise funds for Burundi it would be much appreciated.

PM me if you want to grab them and i can either meet you at the door or email them to you.

Cheers,
Kyhil.
Please help me raise money for Burundi with a 4 day, 1000KM ride to the TDU.
Support the crazy people here

Top_Bhoy

Re: 2015 Madison Champs tickets

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Did anyone go to Hisense last night?

I went to both the afternoon and evening sessions; over 8 hours of track cycling :shock: :D

Two things I took away from last night:

One - Annette Edmondson is just one awesome cyclist. Clearly the strongest rider in the womens race, coming off from winning The Austral, she just kept going and going all day. Although it can't be bad winning with a strange partner, it's a shame she wasn't allowed to retain her National Madision title but thats the rules. She talked well also.

Two - The mens race was a mixture of experience and youth. There was little to choose between the podium with the winners just edging it. A particular mention I think for the two youngsters from Vic rode out their skins to be an impressive 3rd.

Its a good event and I enjoyed it however the crowd was around 2/3 capacity so there is a little bit to do to encourage the public. increase awareness and attendance.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Reckon the heat might of had an affect on attendances as well. That and too close to Christmas.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

Gunlock

Postby Gunlock » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:49 pm

I went with a couple of friends (got rid of all but 1 ticket).

Those VIS guys were amazing in the last race. Think we'll be seeing a lot more of Ross is future.
Please help me raise money for Burundi with a 4 day, 1000KM ride to the TDU.
Support the crazy people here

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:10 pm

rodneycc wrote:Reckon the heat might of had an affect on attendances as well. That and too close to Christmas.

Valid reasons Rodney particularly the heat putting off the walk-up crowd (though Hisense last night wasn't at all bad for heat issues). My personal view is that there is also a lack of available promotional material to inform the public of the event. I only know about it being on because I am a Cycling Victoria member and on an email list.

Whatever the reasons, I hope they manage to encourage more through the door in future because I believe Hisense is expensive to use as a velodrome. Ultimately this means that if people don't come along and pay it won't be used . Which would be sad because it is a good velodrome venue.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah you are prob right there on the lack of promos. I wanted to go last year but had a xmas do on the same night and to be honest forgot all about it this year.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL