Anna Mears Board Velodrome

foo on patrol

Anna Mears Board Velodrome

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:15 pm

I had my first ride on here this morning, for the accreditation this morning and it is pure magic! 8) :mrgreen:

250mtrs and at 43.5degree banking, it looked intimidating to start with but once on and rolling, my face broke out into a big grin! :lol:

https://www.strava.com/activities/759913687

I would post other pics but it's retarded trying to do it here now. Tried with Photobucket but it won't work. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Top_Bhoy

Re: Anna Mears Board Velodrome

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:37 pm

foo on patrol wrote:I had my first ride on here this morning, for the accreditation this morning and it is pure magic! 8) :mrgreen:

Foo
Glad you enjoyed the experience.

What do you have to do for accreditation? Do you know what the rules will be for interstate riders to access the track?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:55 am

We rolled around the bottom on the duck board for a few laps, then entered the sprinter lane for to get the feel. Then moved up to between the the top of the sprinters lane and blue line so we could move around a bit. Then we re entered from the bottom over on the back straight straight up to the fence like in preparation for a flying 200mtr and dropped down through the banking and back up. Then we did a pace line at 35kmh so that everyone could get a feel for what it is like following at close quarters.

All up an hour of tuition and riding but I can see problems happening in the races when, you get the clowns on the front that will stop pedalling and cause everyone too start back pedalling to slow up and this is where the problem will occur through the banking and cause crashes. It was bad enough yesterday with this happening, so for my own safety and others, I backed off the bunch and kept those behind me rotating at a constant speed.

Interstate will need too be signed off as well but if you have already ridden and raced on the boards that will be no problem. I believe that there will be other sessions for those that come from the north south and west, prior to events as in the morning of the event. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:33 am

It's very cool! Quite an experience to be part of. :)

brawlo

Postby brawlo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:36 am

Haha, don't forget to turn your GPS off indoors :lol:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:26 pm

I may have been drunk. :mrgreen: :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

bobbythebrit

Postby bobbythebrit » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:45 pm

I haven't ridden on it but I work for a company in the complex and drove past it pretty much every week through it's build and damn it looks good!
'94 Gary Fisher Paragon
'99 Gary Fisher Aquila
'97 Corratec 3004

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:38 am

Is it possible to buy a vowel and edit the title to correct the spelling of Anna's surname?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:36 am

dalai47 wrote:Is it possible to buy a vowel and edit the title to correct the spelling of Anna's surname?
Doh! :oops: :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Frostee

Postby Frostee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:21 am

Hey Foo,
I told you the boards are good :D

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 am

Yeah I have mixed feelings about the accreditation thing. So if I bring a rider up there for a competition, someone who has ridden board tracks in Sydney, Melbourne, Manchester, wherever, then we have to pay $15 for the privilege of being accredited? No money, no ride? They are going to tell world record holders and world champions to pay a fee before they can ride?
Fair enough for newbies, pay a small fee to do the safety briefing course. Why a fee for experienced riders who don't even have to do the course? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Foo did you see my uncle there last weekend? He would have been in a wheelchair. He has ridden all the iconic board tracks in his career, Vel d'Hiv Paris, Vigorelli Milan, Forum Copenhagen, Hallenstadion Zurich, Berlin Sporthalle, Wembley London etc etc.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:04 pm

No, I didn't get there, as my work start was up in the air. As it turns out I should have went because I had a text at 6am saying I would have to start on Sunday. :(

Foo
Goal 6000km