QLD Masters State Omnium Championships

foo on patrol

QLD Masters State Omnium Championships

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:41 am

Well this slow Old Fat Bastard is going to ride these today :oops: I don't know why but anyway I'm going to ride them, seein as I've never ridden these before in my younger quick days. :mrgreen: Looking forward to trying out my full disc rear on the boards. :D

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

dalai47

Re: QLD Masters State Omnium Championships

Postby dalai47 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 pm

So how did it go?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Well I was humiliated due to us 60-64yr being grouped in with the Masters 5 and 6 but I ended up in 8th position. Of course the younger groups flogged us older blokes and go the medals, which I think is pliss weak as that takes away any incentive for us to want to race again at these. :evil:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Unfortunate when the category numbers are low and you get grouped with the younger ages...

You need to get more 60-64 year old's racing before next year. Or better yet use the next year training hard and burn off those young punks! 8)

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:07 pm

The 'younger' division had 31-49 years olds together and I suggested separate medals but obviously it didn't happen.
FACTOR One
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite
http://drpcoaching.blogspot.com.au

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Had similar groupings down in Vic too without separate medals... Just need to encourage more people onto track bikes!

Biggest issue I can see for track cycling has been the change back in the day from Summer being track and Winter road. Road is now year round!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:28 pm

The brain deads here, allow racing at Muzz and Nundah on the same weekend, :evil: that, should not be allowed and wasn't able to happen back in my day. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Interesting, I got a medal at the 2016 NSW state titles when they combined M5 and M6 in the same race but awarded separate medals. The number rules they were running was that you needed more than 2 riders in your age division and at least one rider must not get a medal, ie they award 1st and 2nd with 3 riders, 1st, 2nd and 3rd with 4 or more riders, less than 3 riders and your competing against the younger division.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:03 pm

If they want to get "more" riders to compete, then they should be giving medals to the older riders that finish. Just grouping them together and then humiliating them will not encourage them to turn up next time. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:23 pm

foo on patrol wrote:If they want to get "more" riders to compete, then they should be giving medals to the older riders that finish. Just grouping them together and then humiliating them will not encourage them to turn up next time. :wink:

Foo
I agree, the first 3 in each age category should get medals regardless of how many entered. One could argue that you have beaten the people who didn't enter
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

TonyB

Postby TonyB » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Interesting discussion, my local CA clubs run our State champs in the same way,over 60 yo seems not to be encouraged, I joined up to CA this year for the first time,I have yet to do the State Track champs but I did the road and crit champs, through some luck I got both in the M7 group, while they acknowledged the win, no medals were available and I have not received any.The local Vets club was born in the early 90s from the CA clubs not allowing older riders to compete in races. As in the QLD Masters State Omnium Champs, in both races M5+ all started together, in the RR I got dropped early but in the Crit I managed to hang on until the 2nd last lap, a M8 rider won outright.

Tony

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Some Masters 7 and 8 riders are able to train every day, so it doesn't surprise me. I know that if I could train every day, I would be giving the younger divisions plenty to worry about! :wink:

Like I said, if they want to group everyone into one race, then at least respect the fact that the older riders deserve due recognition and their medals! :evil:

Foo
Goal 6000km

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Did you fill in the feedback survey on this event Foo?
FACTOR One
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Most certainly did. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:13 pm

I can't see the Omnium on the 2018 CQ Events Calendar, so maybe they have dumped it.
FACTOR One
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite