Commonwealth Games Track Racing

foo on patrol

Commonwealth Games Track Racing

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:02 am

How good has the racing been/ The girls are on fire and the blokes are going pretty well also. :D

Must say, that I'm very pleased with how Matthew Glaetzer is riding, because last year, he just wasn't riding smart but now he is showing some more assertiveness in his racing and this is giving him the results. :wink:

Stephanie Morton rode very well in the Sprint final yesterday and wasn't really pushed all that hard. :)

Can't wait for todays Sprint qualifying and finals. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Re: Commonwealth Games Track Racing

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Glaetzer has just broken the Comm Games record = 9.583. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Eliminated in the first round, Say What! :shock:

Riders not showing respect to the slower riders, that's why this happens! :evil:

Foo
Goal 6000km

skyblot

Postby skyblot » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 pm

I don't follow track at all, and the tactics are a closed book, BUT...I've found this competition fascinating and have been glued to the screen.
Wonderful!

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Would be nice if they showed more sport though, the coverage has way too much crap while so much actual sport is going on. Too typical unfortunately.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 pm

How was that finish by Sam Welsford in the Scratch Race! :shock: Meyer did a big chase down but Welsford still had a hell of a chase to win. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Despite being in China I watched a couple of races thanks to a FB friend using the live mode. The facility looks great
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

b4igo

Postby b4igo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 am

foo on patrol wrote:How was that finish by Sam Welsford in the Scratch Race! :shock: Meyer did a big chase down but Welsford still had a hell of a chase to win. :wink:

Foo
Fantastic race! Meyer certainly deserves half that gold medal! His effort at the end of the race to put Welsford in contention was epic! Brilliant chase and sprint to the line by Welsford though. He left everyone in his wake when he kicked into gear!

b4igo

Postby b4igo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:31 am

DavidS wrote:Would be nice if they showed more sport though, the coverage has way too much crap while so much actual sport is going on. Too typical unfortunately.

DS
I haven’t tried it, but apparently through the app you can watch just about anything you want??

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Sam Welsford final 200mts was (AT) 10.2sec. :shock:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Glaetzer redeemed himself with a 59.34 for the kilo win. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 pm

b4igo wrote:
DavidS wrote:Would be nice if they showed more sport though, the coverage has way too much crap while so much actual sport is going on. Too typical unfortunately.

DS
I haven’t tried it, but apparently through the app you can watch just about anything you want??
Yeah, I was doing that with the Winter Olympics. Bit silly we have to turn off the TV to actually see the sport. Why they show so much crap when there are half a dozen sports going on at the time is just absurd. Why would I want to watch their comperes when the main event, the actual sport, is happening is beyond me. I just don't get it, imagine the complaints they would get if half way through a footy game they went to a 5 minute interview with some relative of a player or a compere rabbiting on about whatever.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am

foo on patrol wrote:Glaetzer redeemed himself with a 59.34 for the kilo win. :D

Foo
he didnt have to redeem himself... we would have been happy with the gold
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

b4igo

Postby b4igo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:58 am

DavidS wrote:
b4igo wrote:

DS
Yeah, I was doing that with the Winter Olympics. Bit silly we have to turn off the TV to actually see the sport. Why they show so much crap when there are half a dozen sports going on at the time is just absurd. Why would I want to watch their comperes when the main event, the actual sport, is happening is beyond me. I just don't get it, imagine the complaints they would get if half way through a footy game they went to a 5 minute interview with some relative of a player or a compere rabbiting on about whatever.

DS
Yes, agreed!! It is frustrating having to go to the app, particularly when 7 has 4 TV stations!!

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 am

mikesbytes wrote:Despite being in China I watched a couple of races thanks to a FB friend using the live mode. The facility looks great
The facility is worldclass Mike. Everything a team or individual could want for competition. I hope that it continues to attract competitors and spectators to make it a viable option in the future. Would hate to see it fall into disrepair like Dunc Gray has.

Kev.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:15 pm

No real budget for Dunc Gray. I hear that boards are suppose to last 10 years and 2018 - 2000 = 18

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 pm

mikesbytes wrote:No real budget for Dunc Gray. I hear that boards are suppose to last 10 years and 2018 - 2000 = 18
I have a friend who is track director at the Blaine Minneapolis velodrome in the USA. (Google image it) 250 metre Schuermann designed wooden track (like DGV) except its OUTDOORS. Its just reached 25 years and they are going to replace it due to deterioration.
Based on that I'd say DGV has a few more good years left in it.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:32 pm

They're currently replacing the track at the Manchester velodrome in the UK using Siberian pine forest wood. The quoted cost (I read) was £420000 which equates to approximately $770000 and so, its definitely not a cheap exercise.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:They're currently replacing the track at the Manchester velodrome in the UK using Siberian pine forest wood. The quoted cost (I read) was £420000 which equates to approximately $770000 and so, its definitely not a cheap exercise.
Do you know how old the boards were?

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:56 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:They're currently replacing the track at the Manchester velodrome in the UK using Siberian pine forest wood. The quoted cost (I read) was £420000 which equates to approximately $770000 and so, its definitely not a cheap exercise.
Do you know how old the boards were?
No definite idea but Manchester velodrome did open in 1994 and I found this online (at http://road.cc/content/news/240226-own- ... track-sale) which indicates they are 24+ years old
Now, fans – as well as cyclists who have ridden the famous boards at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester – have a chance to own “a piece of cycling history” as the original ones go up for sale through a recycling charity, with a new track being laid a quarter of a century after the venue opened in 1994.
That track will have been in demand and used pretty much several hours a day, 7 days a week.